What causes rashes on the left to right forearm and ear?
I had/have a rash or something after a skin infection on left forearm. Er Doc said it Might allergy to the antibiotics.
I got the rash 3 days after taking Keflex for 10 days. The rash got bigger for almost a week before it flattened out and just stopped flaring up now. Skin is now discolored and flaky but feels normal, before it was raised and itchy.
Now it's on my ears and I've been waiting it out. I'm not sure if it's the same type of rash. I'm just wondering if this looks like it's healing...
So it went from my left forearm, to my left ear, then to my right ear in a day.
My left ear was swollen while the right was normal, few days later, the left ear was still swollen but right ear is beginning to get red as well. Then they both were swollen and red. For almost a week, just like the original rash on my left forearm.
Now, the left ear is normal size, but flaking and looks very dry while right ear is still swollen but much better than before.
I feel warmth at the back of my head and on the right ear sometimes especially the right side. The warmth comes and go.
Either allergic reaction to keflex tabs or eczematous rash
Thanks for being at Healthcaremagic
I have gone through your complaints and reviewed the attached photographs.
It could be either an allergic reaction to keflex tablets or an eczematous rash.
In both the pictures the rash has healed almost and I can appreciate some dryness and redness.
If I was your treating doctor I would recommend you to apply topical steroid like cortisone cream on the affected areas twice daily along with frequent and liberal application of a moisturising lotion containing white soft paraffin on the entire forearms and ears 2-3 times in a day.
This will resolve your problem.
The warmth on the head and ear could also be related to the same allergic or eczematous reaction.
For this you can take antihistaminic like tablet Cetrizine 10 mg once daily at bedtime for 10-14 days.
Alovera gel can help in healing of these rashes
Aloe vera gel can also help in healing of these rashes.
The medicines I suggested are not absolutely necessary since your rashes are already in the healing stage.
If you didn't get petroleum jelly you can simply apply any moisturising lotion on the affected areas twice daily.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes swooshing sounds in left ear
- What causes left ear pain
- What causes rash behind ears
- What causes right chest pain and left ear pain
- Got rashes behind ear what could be causing this
- What could be cause of sharp pain on right ear
- What causes hearing loss in left ear
- What causes red rash near left ear
- What causes dizziness pain in left ear and headaches
- What causes sharp pain in right ear
- What are the symptoms of scabies?
- Suggest treatment for superficial folliculitis on inner thigh
- Suggest treatment for graying of hair and hair loss
- What causes red colored lesion on the hips?
- Suggest treatment for dry lips
- Suggest treatment for recurrent acne
- Suggest treatment for itching in the armpits
- What causes tiny skin tags in neck area?
- How to get rid of body lice?
- Suggest treatment for itching on neck, hands and legs