Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

What diet should I follow to control my BP and SGPT and what could be the side effect ?

Halo,myself Sandeep saras, 43 yrs.age,my cholesteol is 305mg/dl Triglycerides is-548,Ldl-193, the same time My SGPT is 90.00 U/L,BP is-160/120. pl. suggest what I will eat and what do to? After taking BP has came down but SGPT is still high. What I will eat to control my SGPT?What kind of side effect already been happened?Thanks
Asked On : Sat, 6 Aug 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  133
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response

welcome to healthcare magic forum

sgpt indicate liver function
you need to eat low fat diet which lower liver function
avoid oily and spicy food ,food with preservative should be avoided.
take liquid and semi solid food
avoid stress ,smoking and alcohol

i hope i have answered your question.
Answered: Sat, 6 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
hi welcome to HCM.normal range of sgpt is 20 to 40u/l.causes which increases sgpt are,Liver inflammation (hepatitis A, B, C, Infectious mononeuceosis, acute viral fever, ALCOHOL, pancreatic disorder).
Injury to the muscles, as in accidents.
Myocardial infarction, congestive heart failure.
Acute kidney failure.
Certain drugs like cocaine.
Drugs for reducing cholesterol etc.
treatment for high sgpt control is removal of causative factor afterwards automatically sgpt levels wil come down to normal levels.
Answered: Sat, 6 Aug 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor