What does this TMT test report indicate?

Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist

Posted on Fri, 4 May 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Male - 42 years old.
TMT tst results -
exercised for 9.51 minutes on XXXXXXX protocol at a work load of 11.40 METS and ahieved 90% of maximum predicted HR.
2. Resting ECG revealed WNL
3. Developed Asymptomatic 1-1.5mm comcave to DSST dep in II,III,a VF during stage IV at HR of 162 BPM
ST-T changes reverted to basal pattern within 16 seconds in recovery period
4 no significant arrhythmia were observed during stress test
5 normal HR and BP response to the exercise no S3/S4 heard

abnormal stress test(mildly positive for reversible myocadial ischaemia)

all other tests or BP, cholestrol are within normal limits. what does this TMT indicates
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hello

I've gone through the medical details of your TMT, it's a very good exercise tolerance and also you achieved 90 % of your required Target heart rate.

As you are mentioning some ST-T changes during stage 4 which settled down within few seconds of recovery period it's probably tachycardia induced changes which are non-significant. Also you didn't mentioned any kind of chest discomfort or chest heaviness or pain which makes these changes insignificant.

I hope this information will answer your query and will relieve your worries. Feel free to ask further.

Kind regards
Dr. Bhanu Partap

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Bhanu Partap 25 minutes later
No there was no heaviness or discomfort in chest. A little bit of seating was there though. I undergone echo and ECG as well but that was normal I am worried due to 'mildly positive for reversible myocadial ischaemia' in TMT report. Is it normal or a reson to worry? please suggest me what needs to be done? if it ca be controlled with diet and exercise?

One more test report TSH -7.850

cholestrol - 173
tri glyceride - 182
hdl cholestrol - 34
direct ldl cholestrol - 126
chol/hdl ratio - 5.1
ldl/hdl ratio - 3.7
very low density lipoprotein - 36.4
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
follow-up

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back,

Your TMT report is normal. Don't worry about that. The result which came out printed is basically a machine interpretation and is not reliable.

Regarding your thyroid levels, they are high as the upper normal limit is 5.0 mIU / L. Kindly repeat this test after a month time and if it still comes high then thyroid medicine needs to be started.

Hope to have been helpful.

Kind regards
Dr. Bhanu Partap

Follow up: Dr. Bhanu Partap 39 hours later

1. is there any recommendation for diet and exercise?

2. I checked some of the similar cases on internet and some of them suggests Asprin tablet. Should i take some preventive medicines?

3. When to get this test repeated?

4.What is the alarming sign? i mean when do i need to consult a doctor because till now i dont have any significant syptom as per my knowledge. If sweating is a syptom?

5. I walk on treadmill for 5 - 6 kms. Should i continue doing the same?

One more point i forget to mention that i was a smoker few months back and quit smoking 3 months back.
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hello Again

Detailed Answer:
As you have mentioned that you were a smoker before, kindly upload your full tmt report for me so that i can personally see it and advice you accordingly.

Kindly Upload the TMT report.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu Partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Bhanu Partap 4 hours later
Reports uploaded. Dont know hoe to add multiple reports. Please let me know once you complete TMT , i will add other reports as well

If it has not been uploaded properly, you can share your mail id. I will be sending you the reports in mail.
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hello

Detailed Answer:
You have uploaded same reports multiple times. Kindly upload stage 4 page of your TMT report which had those St changes.

Echo report is all fine.

Kind regards
Dr Bhanu partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Bhanu Partap 30 minutes later
I have already attached the report. Please share your mail id if you are not able to get that
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hello Again

Detailed Answer:
Kindly send your report on YYYY@YYYY

Dr Bhanu Partap
Follow up: Dr. Bhanu Partap 34 minutes later
Please check the report doctor i have already forwarded you in mail.
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Hello Again

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the feedback.

I have gone through whole of your TMT report and am happy to tell you that those are just fast heart rate related changes and as you were asymptomatic at that point of time so i would not take those changes as significant.

Also there is no history of smoking or diabetes.

1. Avoid junk food, fried food stuff, include fresh fruits and vegetables in your daily diet, drink good amount of water. High salt intake should also be avoided. A daily morning walk for 35 to 40 min everyday will be enough from cardiac point of view.

2. As you are young so there is no need to take aspirin as of now.

3. Can be repeated after 1 year.

4. Chest heaviness with discomfort radiating to left arm or shoulder with breathing difficulties, sweating. These are all warning signs.

5. Yes you can surely continue to do that.

Dr Bhanu Partap