What do the following blood and ECHO test report indicate?
I recently got my blood work and Echo done. Please do check my Lipoprotein and HOMOCYSTEINE levels, they are very very high. CbC also shows variations. Cholesterol levels are high.
Reports attached for your review.
Sedentary life style.
Nigh shifts: 12 years plus (7 PM to 4 AM)
Alcohol : Yes
Reason for echo, blood test and ech:
Shortness of breath
Fainting type feelings.
Heart beat : 56, 65, 74 at rest on bed.
Glucose level: sometimes high
Sedentary lifestyle is the main culprit for deranged reports
After going through the medical details and the reports attached by you I understand your concern and I would like to tell you that yes your Homocysteine levels as well as lipid profile is slightly deranged. CBC variations are not that significant.
For Homocysteine levels you need to start folic acid supplement or Cap Homocheck.
For lipid control I would like to suggest you to increase your physical activity levels like start going for brisk walk for 45 mins a day for 5 days a week, eat healthy and sleep properly. If you strictly follow this healthy routine for 3 months you won't be requiring any meds for lipid control.
Also your symptoms are suggestive of pre diabetes stage so kindly get one HBA1C done for diagnosis.
Your heart rate readings are pretty normal so is your Echo report.
I hope this information will answer your query.
Dr Bhanu partap
ISTAMET - for diabetes
NOVASTAT - for cholesterol
I am only taking homocheck and vitamin D3, I am Not TAKING : ISTAMET and NOVASTAT.
Considering my sedentary life style I feel I can control my diabetes and cholesterol by daily brisk walk, quiting alcohol for few months, healthy food.
My total cholesterol was 248
LDL is 154
High reactive protein : 1.27
LIPOPROTEIN (a) is high at 49
HOMOCYSTEINE is high at 44
Diabetes 3 months avg: 8.1
I am afraid that I may get dependent on medication if I start talking now.... Please suggest... Is my stage is very serious where I must take medicine or you think life style change can do the wonders.
Yes its time to start medicines that were advised by your doctor along with the healthy lifestyle modifications which i have mentioned before.
As your sugar levels of 8.1 clearly states that you have developed diabetes now so its advisable to start with the medicine from now only otherwise high sugar levels will start affecting other organs of the body.
Regarding cholesterol medicine you can start taking it and after 3 months get a lipid profile done, if the results comes out normal then you can stop taking it.
Just relax and start the medicines as advised and you will be alright.
Feel free to ask if you have any more doubts or else you can close the discussion and kindly rate the answer.
Dr Bhanu Partap
My shift starts at 7 PM and ends in the morning at 4 AM.
Heavy meal 1 at 2:30 PM
Heavy meal 2 at 9:30 PM
Light meal at 2:30 AM.
I usually go to bed at 4:30 AM. I sleep in the morning.
Currently I am taking NOVASTAT, Istamet and Homocheck at 9:30 PM - I don't sleep after this, as I am at office. I sleep at 4:30 AM
Please suggest! Sir, now you have a fare idea about ky meals and medicine schedule. Can I take NOVASTAT in the morning at 4:30 AM with almost empty stomach?
Take Novastat half an hour after meal at night that means around 10 pm. Its is advisable at night because the synthesis of cholesterol is minimal during night and thats the normal physiological thing.
Rest other medicines you can continue as you are taking (Istamet and homocheck).
Dr Bhanu Partap
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Done tmt test what does the reports indicate
- Blood test done what does the report indicate
- Ovulation test done what does the report indicate
- Hiv test done what does the report indicate
- What does the test report indicate
- Crp blood test done what does the reports indicate
- Done sperm test what does the reports indicate
- What does indicate below thyroid test reports
- Blood test done what does the reports indicate treatment measures
- Blood cholesterol test done what does the report indicate
- Is blood pressure of 131/69 a cause for concern?
- Suggest remedies for pain in the left side of the chest
- What does this lipid profile test report indicate?
- What does a calcium level of 135 indicate?
- What causes fluctuations in BP readings?
- What does this ECG report indicate?
- What causes left-sided pain in the chest?
- What causes profuse sweating post a valve replacement heart surgery?
- Suggest treatment for pain in the testicle
- Is Sotalol intake 12 hours after missing a dose advisable?