What do these ultrasound and blood reports indicate?

Dr. Ramesh Kumar

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Wed, 16 May 2018 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I did ultrasound, doctor found few cholesterol polyps in gallbladder and fatty acids in liver.

So as per him it is not dangerous. Only thing I need to change my life style and maintain a proper diet. I want to check know more about my condition. I am not getting any option to attach the report . Please do let me know how can I share the report as well.
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Laparoscopic removal of the gallbladder.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for asking at HealthcareMagic.

I carefully read your question and understand your concern.
I've reviewed your USG and blood reports.

Gallbladder polyps are common and only a few out of them have potential to develop to cancer. Gallbladder polyps are classified as benign or malignant.Majority of gallbladder polyps are benign in nature Cholesterol polyps if less than 10 mm in size are thought to have no malignant potential however if you go through latest researches in some cases(3 out of 10000 patients) malignancy is seen in cholesterol polyps also.

The primary goal in the management of gallbladder polyps is to prevent the development of gallbladder carcinoma. As a rule of thumb gallbladder polyps larger than 1.5 cm can become malignant.

The patient is monitored for 12 months with ultrasound scans, in order to detect any rapid growth. If rapid growth is observed chances of malignancy are high.

Two types of approaches are there-

Better approach gallbladder as such has no vital role in our body.Its function is to store bile secreted by the liver. Bile digests fat. However, a person can live a normal life even without the gallbladder. A better and safer approach is to remove the gallbladder through a planned laparoscopic surgery.
Approach number two is most researchers say that cholesterol polyps are rarely malignant so just wait and watch.Life in developing countries is cheap.

My suggestion is to get a laparoscopic removal of gallbladder done. Its almost useless organ and I won’t suggest my patient take even 0.1% risk for an organ like gallbladder.

Its a matter of choice if the individual wants to play 100% safe by getting it removed. So opinion may vary from doctor to doctor.

As far as the fatty liver is concerned, follow the diet suggested by me and it would revert back in few months.

The mild fatty liver is a common finding in Asians and has no clinical significance as such. As the age of a person increases fat began's to accumulate in various parts of the body like blood vessels (atherosclerosis) or liver(fatty liver). Its very natural and a part of the process called aging.

The amount of fatty acid in the liver depends on the balance between the processes of delivery and removal.As the age increases the number of transporter cells which carry fat from the liver to peripheral parts(for utilization decreases); causing increased deposition of these fatty acids in the liver.

Silibinin, also known as silybin, should be taken two times a day.Its a very potent liver rejuvenator and is very effective in maintaining liver health. Ayurvedic tablet Liv 52 should be taken once daily.

Whole grains are very beneficial to consume.These can be in the form of XXXXXXX whole wheat bread or cereal, brown rice, whole grain pasta, grains such as whole oats, wild rice, rye, oatmeal, and corn are also beneficial and can be taken if suits your food pattern.

Try to include colored fruits and veggies in your diet they are rich in antioxidants and would keep the liver healthy.
This does not mean you can’t eat food which satisfies your taste buds. Try to eat 5 days a week.
For deranged lipids take statins regularly. Rosuvastatin (prescription drug) 10 mg can be taken once daily for 3 months.

Hope I was clear with the explanation.
Feel free to follow up.
Regards!

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Ramesh Kumar 35 minutes later
Thank You Doctor , your inputs cleared all most all doubts . I really appreciate for replying me.
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Regards!

Detailed Answer:
Thank you, my dear.
Please do write a review and rate the answer.
Any suggestion for making answers more better is always welcome.

In case of a query in future, you can contact me directly on this forum through the below-mentioned link.
http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-ramesh-kumar/72660

I wish you a great and happy new year.

Follow up: Dr. Ramesh Kumar 9 hours later
Thank you Sir , wish you a happy new year ..
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Same to you.

Detailed Answer:
Regards and get well soon.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng