Can taking Azithromycin and Cefixime cause itching on the face and scalp?

Question
I took azithacyn and cefixime a week ago for a possible infection, I am taking zeta and rosuvastatin every evening. The last few days my face and scalp have become very itchy ( feels like something crawling on me), do think there is a reaction to the mix of medication??

Thanks
Thu, 26 Apr 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Klarida Papaqako 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Possible fungal infection as a side effect from antibiotics.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for using Healthcaremagic to post your health query.
I read carefully your question and I understand your concern.

Both cefixime and azithacyn are antibiotics and cause fungal infections as a side effect. And fungal infection causes itchiness. So, I don't think it is a reaction of the combination of medicines.

You could take Fluconazole 150mg, 1 tb/day for 3 days. If not better, then I would advise seeing a local dermatologist, who can examine you and decide if you need a shampoo, or a treatment with higher dose that the one recommended above.

Hope this is helpful.
Let me know if you need more clarifications.

Dr. Papaqako