all the probale queries regardin unwanted 72 is here
1. What is Unwanted- 72?
Unwanted- 72 is an oral emergency contraceptive pill
, which can be used to prevent undesired pregnancy, in case of unprotected intercourse
or failure of contraceptive measures.
2. In what circumstances I should use Unwanted- 72?
You can use Unwanted- 72, under following conditions:
• You have failed to use any precautionary measures.
• Your IUD was expelled or removed before time.
• Your partner had not used condom or it got ruptured or was used improperly.
• You had intercourse against your will or any other reason, which can establish pregnancy out of your desire.
3. How and when should I use it?
Unwanted- 72 Tablet should be taken as soon as possible within 72 hours of unprotected intercourse.
4. How does it work?
Unwanted- 72 works by different ways, depending on the stage of menstrual cycle.
• If taken prior to ovulation, it prevents the release of egg from the ovary.
• After ovulation, it prevents fertilization.
• And if fertilization has occurred then it prevents the implantation of egg with uterus.
5. What Possible Side Effects I may have after taking Unwanted- 72?
Emergency contraceptive pill is a safe and effective method of preventing unwanted pregnancy. The side effects that some women may have after using the tablet includes:
• Irregular menstrual bleeding
• Nausea, weight gain, headaches, dizziness, and breast tenderness
• Mood changes
6. I use Unwanted- 72 as a regular birth control method?
No, Unwanted- 72 is for emergency contraception
only and should be used incase of failure of other contraceptive measures. You are not supposed to use it instead of regular birth control methods.
7. How often I can use Unwanted- 72?
Unwanted- 72 can be used more than once, but only as emergency contraceptive pill when other contraceptive methods fail.
8. What if vomiting occurs?
If you vomit within one hour of administration, then you should consult your health care professional to discuss whether to repeat the dose or not.
9. Is there any drug interaction
with Unwanted - 72?
Yes, few drugs like rifampicin, phenytoin, griseofulvin
, pyrimidone can lessen the effect of Unwanted 72.
10. Can a lactating woman use Unwanted 72?
Yes, lactating women can use Unwanted 72, although some amount of Levonorgestrel
passes into milk, however no adverse effect has been seen on health, growth or development of the infant.
11. Does Unwanted 72 help in protection against STDs?
No, Unwanted 72 does not have any role in protection against sexually transmitted diseases or infections. It is advisable to use other precautionary measures like condoms to deal with STDs.
12. Does Unwanted 72 affect menstrual cycle?
Unwanted 72 can cause the next period too early or later than normal. If onset of menstruation
is delayed beyond one week, the possibility of pregnancy should be considered.
13. Can I use unwanted 72, if I am suspecting pregnancy?
No, Unwanted 72 should not be used in pregnancy or suspected pregnancy. Unwanted 72 is an emergency contraceptive pill meant for preventing pregnancy and should not be used for abortion purpose.