Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Red itchy bumps on arms, hands, look like insect bites. Allergic reaction due to car paint?

I have about 10 itchy red bumps that have appeared on right arm and hand (and two on the right side of my back) since the day before yesterday. They look a bit like insect bites (but with no bite mark - they are smooth not rough). The ones which were and very irritable yesterday have shrunk down now. I suspect it may be an allergic reaction since I came into contact with some metallic car paint on the day that I first noticed the bumps. But I am also concerned about other possibilities . . .
Asked On : Sat, 27 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  240
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician, Critical Care 's  Response
From the description given, it seems like allergic reaction - urticaria.

If itching is really bad - you can try applying calamine lotion and take antiallergic medicines containing Cetirizine for couple of days.

It should settle in next couple of days and I don't feel there is something to worry about at the moment.

Dr Tejas Shah
Answered: Sat, 27 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor