Owl Image

What causes persistent itching on the body despite taking medication?

Owl Image
Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Question
Hi Sir,
My name is XXXX. last two weeks on words i am suffering from itching in hole body . after the itching the skin came full reddish .. Three days back i consulted general physician and he gave me to NIXITRAL 100MG AND Dorebar Rabeprazole Sodium & Domperidone tablet and Lamifin 250. i am using this trhreedays on word . But i didn,t see any change in my itching can you please help on that
Wed, 23 May 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hives

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you.
I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern and I have viewed the images.
I can see edematous, red welts.
You seem to have Hives. I suggest you to apply a soothing lotion e.g Calamine lotion.
In addition to this you may take a tab cetrizine 10mg or tab. Loratadine10mg once daily for symptomatic relief from itching.

Follow-up: What causes persistent itching on the body despite taking medication? 24 minutes later
Hi Sir

Thanks For giving update. what is reason its attack the body any thing health issue

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Acute Urticaria

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

Most commonly acute urticaria is due to allergy to either a food item/ food preservatives, medications, common infection e.g viral (flu), fungal, bacterial or dental infection etc or to alcohol intake. Usually it subsides on symptomatic treatment with an oral antihistamine e.g Cetrizine 10mg tab for 10 days to 3 weeks.