Suggest antibiotics for lesions while being treated for pemphigus vulgaris

Excellent

Dermatologist
Question
I am suffering from pemphigus vulgaris. Currently taking mmf 500mg and steriod 2.5 alternate days. My lesions are not healing up if my doctor puts me in taxim for 5 days it starts healing very fast. Wanted to know if there is any antibiotic which i can take for a month so that lesions heal up completely or any other alternative. i tried taking ayurveda but had sever itching and increased the problem 80% more. pls sugget.
Tue, 22 May 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Doxycycline, cyclophosphamide, azathioprine, cyclosporine

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at Healthcaremagic
I have gone through your complaints and understand your concern.
There are many medicines available for the treatment of pemphigus vulagaris.
As far as long term antibiotic is concerned you can take capsule doxycycline 100 mg once daily at bedtime.
Besides this there are many drugs like cyclophosphamide, azathioprine, cyclosporine which can help in faster healing of pemphigus lesions.
You can go for any of these medicines under the supervision of the doctor and after discussing your problem individually.
Dr Asmeet

Follow-up: Suggest antibiotics for lesions while being treated for pemphigus vulgaris 9 hours later
Thanks Doctor Asmeet for replying.

I will speak to my doctor ....besides antibiotic(how long do you suugest me to take) cyclophosphamide, azathioprine, cyclosporine which medicine I should take for fast healing. Pls advice.

Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Welcome

Detailed Answer:
You can take antibiotic for 6-8 weeks.
Usually cyclosporine has the fastest onset of action but cyclophosphamide is considered more efficacious in pemphigus vulgaris.
I would recommend you to go for cyclophosphamide.

Follow-up: Suggest antibiotics for lesions while being treated for pemphigus vulgaris 1 hour later
Hi, I have provided some attachments. Please review them.

Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Looks like active disease with secondary infection

Detailed Answer:
I have reviewed the attached photograph and it is looking like an active disease with secondary infection.
You definitely require an antibiotic course.
You should consult your doctor and discuss regarding the treatment options.

Follow-up: Suggest antibiotics for lesions while being treated for pemphigus vulgaris 6 hours later
After consulting my doctor here i have started taking Azure 50 mg one @ night and doxy 1 at night.

Taken azure and looks like it helps. Could you pls suggest me any medicine for acidity in case i need in between.

Thanks Doctor

Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can take tablet pantop D for acidity

Detailed Answer:
You can take tablet Pantoprazole domperidone combination ( pantop D ) for acidity.