What does my urine cytology report indicate?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Thu, 11 Jan 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: MY URINE CYTOLOGY REPORT SHOWED: UROTHELIAL + SQUAMOS CELLS, ADMIXED WITH INNUMERABLE URINARY CRYSTALS, FEW RBC'S + RED CELL CASTS. PROGNOSIS???
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please provide few more details

Detailed Answer:
hello
Thanks for query .
and uploading your urine cytology findings .

I shall be happy if you can post me more details to help me in making precise comments
1) What are the symptoms that you have ?
2) Are you being diagnosed to have any mass in bladder ?
3) Do you have hematuria (Blood in urine )?
4) Have you undergone any endoscopic surgery ?
5) Have you done ultrasound Scanning and what are the findings ?

Waiting for your feedback to help me in making precise comments .

Please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 7 hours later
1) I HAVE BEEN HAVING SOME LIGHT SPOTTING/CLOTS FOR ABOUT A YEAR. I THOUGHT IT WAS COMING FROM A RECTOCELE I HAVE OR THE VAGINAL AREA. I HAD A PARTIAL HYSTERECTOMY IN 1990. IN 2014 THEY FOUND A 7 CM MASS ON ONE OF MY OVARIES. IT WAS SURGICALLY REMOVED WITH MY OTHER OVARY AND FALLOPIAN TUBES.
2) SPORADIC LIGHT BLEEDING , CLOTS, URINARY FREQUENCY (ESPECIALLY AT NIGHT), URINARY RETENSION, URTICARIA, EXTREMELY TIRED, APPETITE DECREASED, SOME (R) FLANK PAIN, INSOMNIA, EXTREMELY DRY, FLAKY SKIN, SOME SWELLING IN (R ANKLE, FEET AT TIMES), BUBBLES IN URINE, URINE COLOR XXXXXXX COLOR, FEEL DEHYDRATED.
3) LAB RESULTS SHOWED SOME RED BLOOD CELLS
4) NO
5) NO ULTRASOUND YET

MY URTICARIA GETS SO BAD I SCRATCH UNTIL MY SKIN BLEEDS, RESULTING IN SORES.

I HOPE THAT THIS HELPS. I HAVE NOT BEEN FEELING WELL THIS LAST COUPLE OF WEEKS. THANK YOU!OH, I HAVE BEEN ON ZOLOFT FOR DEPRESSION FOR ABOUT 15 YEARS+ AND MORPHINE ABOUT 10 + YEARS FOR ARTHRITIS. NO OTHER MEDICATIONS OTHER THAN PHENERGAN FOR NAUSEA PRN.SORRY, ANOTHER MEDICAL ISSUE. I STARTED HAVING SWOLLEN NODES IN MY NECK ABOUT A YEAR AGO. I WAS EVALUATED FOR AN IMMUNE DISEASE. LUPUS WAS A CONCERN. TESTS RESULTS WERE NEGATIVE BUT I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN CONCERNED THAT I MAY HAVE SOME IMMUNE DISORDER. I WAS TOLD THAT IT WAS MY PAROTID GLANDS. I CONTINUE TO GET SWELLING AT TIMES, ESPECIALLY MY (R) SIDE OF MY NECK. I HOPE THAT THIS HELPS SOME.

THANK YOU!
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You have inflammation of bladder (Cystitis)

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for feedback and details about your multiple health issues .

Based on the report of Urine cytology that you have uploaded earlier I would state that you do not have benign or malignant tumor in urinary system .

Presence of urothelial and squamous cells along with RBC abd RBC cast are strongly suggestive of chronic inflammation of bladder (Cystitis.)

Consult qualified Urologist for clinical examination and get following basic tests done to confirm the diagnosis.
1) Urine routine and culture.
2) Ultrasound scanning of abdomen and pelvis .

Taking antibiotic like Norfloxacin and Nitrofurantoin twice daily along with urine alkalizer would help to resolve the issue .

As regards your query about prognosis it being an inflammatory disease prognosis is good .

As regards swollen lymph node in neck on Right side it may be due to infection either of Parotid gland or some infective focus in throat .

Consult qualified ENT specialist for clinical examination and further treatment if required

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 8 hours later
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR MEDICAL CONCLUSION OF MY CURRENT SITUATION. I WILL DEFINITELY FOLLOW UP AS YOU RECOMMENDED. IT IS CLEAR THAT YOU ARE A SPECIAL UROLOGY PHYSICIAN WHO IS AN EXPERT IN THE FIELD.
XXXXXXX T
Brief Answer:
Thanks for kind appreciation .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for kind words and appreciation .
Get the investigations done and do write again if you need my help I shall be happy to address your concern.

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D