Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Irregular periods. Normal blood test and ultrasound. Prescribed Norgest, Deviry and Hyponidd. Suggestion?

Hello Doctor, I am 23 years old unmarried. My periods started at age of 13. But since then they were never regular and always get missed for variable months. On doctor s advice, i take several blood tests and ultrasound . All reports are Ok. I dont have PCOS , thyroid . Ovaries shape and size are also fine. Doctors says that because of less hormones i have this problem. She gave me 6-6 months course of medicine like Norgest, Deviry, Hyponidd. But i still face same problem. Please suggest how i can have regular periods? Does these medicines have any side-effect? Also please tell will i be able to conceive normally after marriage with this problem?
Asked On : Mon, 24 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  198
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Mar 2014
hello and welcome.

It seems you have a normal ultrasound and thyroid test is normal. Please see if you had a prolactin, estradiol and FSH, LH tested and AMH for ovarian reserve tested.

Also get an ovulation study for detecting ovulation. If ovulation is occurring, irregular cycles are not a cause of concern and may occur due to subtle hormonal issues not picked up by tests.

If the above hormones are Ok and ovulation is occurring, there is no problem. You will just need devery 10 mg for 5-7 days, four times a year to induce menses as it is advisable to have a period at least once every 3 months to ensure endometrial well being.

If there are any abnormalities in the above then treatment will depend upon the results. Also try lifestyle changes like regular moderate exercise, yoga and meditation, low fat food and de stress. They are very helpful most of the times. Please do not continue to use norgest and devery indiscriminately for long term.

Hope this satisfies your query.
Thanks for using HCM.     
Feel free to ask any more questions that you may have.
Dr Madhuri Bagde
Consultant Obstetrician and Gynecologist
Answered: Sat, 22 Mar 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor