Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Feel dejected and fragile. Unable to talk to people with eye contact. Advice?

hi,sir..i am a student....i used to be very good student and every friend of mine used to see me as a very talented and dynamic person....but i don t know how i become so coward and uncomfortable in chatting with others...i am feeling very dejected,fragile.i have become a nerd and problem is that i can not talk with people with eye contact ......i feel very uncomfortable with my and his/her body...i can not concentrate on what he/she is saying after a moment when some feeling of his/her body condition comes into my mind........i am in deep depression .....for that i am able to get a job.....what to do sir???????
Asked On : Tue, 26 Feb 2013
Answers:  3 Views:  45
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Welcome to HCM

You have not specified the cause of your depression, however I will try to help you. As narrated by you, you have performed quite well in your past both in the academic and social field. This reflects that you are an achiever and also a successful and happy person.

1. Many times changes in life relations, financial changes, changes in love life, health problems and more may suddenly weaken us, you need to adapt and accept the changes slowly but steadily.
2. You should learn to love yourself, life is a gift to you given by God, you should honour God and take much care of yourself. Anyone may treat you in their way, reject you. But you should never neglect or deject yourself.
3. Learn to highlight your qualities, skills, good nature and enjoy life.
4. Try to change your lifestyle, hairstyle, stay active, watch movies, pamper yourself, exercise, eat well.
5. Yoga, meditation will help you get relaxed and make you stress free.
6. Healthy home made food, rich in minerals, protein balanced with fruits, berries, fresh veggies, fish will lighten up your burden. They contain natural mood elevators and anti-oxidants.
7. If you want you can consult a counselor, doctors, but do not make a habit to take anti-depression medications.
8. Avoid smoking, alcohol, caffeine and any other addition.

Take care.
Answered: Tue, 26 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Psychiatrist Dr. Sundar Gnanavel's  Response
Thanks for your query. The symptoms you are describing point towards major depressive disorder. I am able to understand the multiple stressors you are undergoing currently. I would suggest you undergo a psychiatric evaluation for depress ion. Effective anti depressants and psychotherapy techniques like cognitive behavioural therapy are available. Wish you speedy recovery.
Dr Sundar
Answered: Wed, 27 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Psychiatrist Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar's  Response
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

I understand that you have been going through a very difficult time of late. A sudden loss of confidence or self-esteem, feeling dejected, social withdrawal, forgetfulness, etc. could be indicative of a depression. However, a detailed history and psychological evaluation is needed to arrive at a diagnosis.

It is a good thing that you have been able to understand your problems and have sought help. I would advise you to consult a psychiatrist for a detailed evaluation and treatment.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist
Answered: Tue, 26 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor