Completed M.B.B.S. from Christian Medical College, Vellore - a top-ranked medical school and research centre in India.
Completed D.P.M. (Diploma in Psychological Medicine) from the Mental Health Centre, Christian Medical College, Vellore - a centre of excellence in mental healthcare and research in India.
Trained at the Woodbourne Priory Hospital, Birmingham, United Kingdom - a well-renowned private hospital specialized in mental healthcare in the U.K.
Trained and qualified for Membership of the Royal College of Psychiatrists, U.K.
Currently working as Consultant Psychiatrist in a Medical College Hospital & Research Centre at Chennai, India.
Other professional achievements
1) Case Report published in ‘Tropical Doctor' (Royal Society of Medicine Journal), January, 2009.
“Delusional parasitosis over dermatological morbidity: diagnostic and therapeutic challenges”
2) E-letter published in ‘Tobacco Control’ (BMJ group journal), July, 2010.
“Help-seeking behaviour or 'Feel Good' factor? A Psychiatrist's perspective...”
3) Case Report published in ‘Indian Journal of Psychiatry’, July-Sept, 2012
“Dysphagia in a psychotic patient: Diagnostic challenges and a systematic management approach”
4) Research paper presented at the 4th Annual National Conference of Indian Association for Geriatric Mental Health at Agra on 5-6th, September, 2008.
“Nature, prevalence and factors associated with depression among elderly in a rural South Indian community”
5) Research paper presented at 3rd Annual National Conference of the Society of Biological Scientists in India January, 2013.
“Blood Groups and Personality Traits: Is there a correlation?”