Suggest treatment for fibromyalgia
Treatment on right lines but increase in pain threshold would help
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. Let me mention that fibromyalgia is a symptom and not a disease. In technical language it means algia=pain of fibro (fibrous) and myo (muscular) tissue. The underlying cause therefore needs to be looked into. Management is symptomatic and supportive.
Let me tell you that the body and mind are inter-related. Physical complaints therefore yield an unrest of the mind and vice versa. Pain sensation can be subjective and does not always have a physical or organic cause. That does not mean that the complaint or discomfort is unreal or does not exist. Nevertheless, dealing with such problems needs training of the mind and not merely treating for the physical ailment. You might know that the pain threshold of army men are much higher than that of a common man and this is achieved through training the mind. You too would need to train your mind to ignore the itchiness and crawling sensation that you experience. You need to visit a psychologist who would be able to administer psychotherapy which could ease you of your problems.
The medicines are already on the proper lines and should help.
Let me know if I could help further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest generic form of cymbalta for fibromyalgia treatment
- Mucinex fibromyalgia treatment
- Having symptoms of fibromyalgia referred to hydrotherapy treatment suggestions
- Fatigue and fibromyalgia new treatments
- Fibromyalgia muscle spasms treatment
- Suggest treatment for fibromyalgia
- Is skelaxin used in the treatment of fibromyalgia?
- Steroids for fibromyalgia treatment
- Latest treatment for fibromyalgia
- What is the treatment for chronic fibromyalgia
- Suggest treatment for severe loose motion
- Is there any cure for degenerative mucoid cyst associated with...
- Suggest treatment for chronic severe diarrhea and stomach pain
- Does Klonopin of a different brand cause any adverse reactions?
- What causes unusual sweating?
- Suggest treatment for joints pain in a person with IBS
- What are the side effects of Superglue injection?
- Suggest remedy for excessive dryness in mouth
- Is restarting of Casodex advisable after stopping it?
- Suggest treatment for severe constipation