What causes persistent diarrhea after developing swelling in both the legs?

Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel

General Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 10 May 2018 in Lump
Question: I developed swelling in both legs on Monday 12/4/17 with a red rash on my R shin. I saw my primary doctor on Monday and he ordered a Doppler for me I had that done on Tuesday 3:00pm and I was told it was negative for a blood clot also, my primary referred me to my podiatrist which I saw him on Tues evening. He wrap my R leg with some zinc medicine and taped my leg up and told me to keep on for two days and then take that bandage off and put my compression socks on and go in my surgical boot for my R leg. My rash on my leg has got worse and I have developed diarrhea for the pas three days. I called a vascular doctor who I was referred by my Nephrologist and he gave me a Vascular doctor to go to however, he on has office hours on Wednesdays so I have an appointment on 12/13/17. There is a lot more for me to tell you what I have done but it will take me about a hour to explain could someone help me now.
Answered by Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Different possibilities need more precise symptoms alongwith leg swelling.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear

Warm welcome to Healthcaremagic.com
I have evaluated your query thoroughly .

* There are different possible conditions as systemic circulatory disturbances
pulmonary , lymphatic or cardiac causes .

Kindly provide further details so that I can answer your query completely .

1. Swelling in both legs developed simultaneously .
2. Current extent of swelling .
3. Pain - type , intensity , severity , relief with pain medicines or not .
4. Any breathing problems .
5. Urination normal .
6. Systemic issue of diabetes , hypertension or else .

Awaiting for your response .
Regards .
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel 8 hours later
1 swelling was simultaneously
2Swelling in both legs I will explain that you could not tell I had any ankels
3Pain not so bad - saw pain management doctor he on gave me yesterday 12/7/17 1 75mg Lyrica - I happen to live in the wonderful state of New XXXXXXX were our wonderful governor does not allow us pain medication.
4 No breathing problems at all
5 urination is normal
6 No systemic issue of diabetes, hypertension yes
*Also, please note that I have Bechets Disease*
Answered by Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
follow up .

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the details .

* More likely to be vascular cause , another can be lymphatic origin .

* In concern of normal doppler of lower limbs , there is suspicious about the
upper level issue , which requires doppler abdomen & pelvis for major vessels .

* Can have help with ibuprofen or paracetamol till consultation with the vascular
surgeon .
@ Attend ER in case of more excruciating pain or increasing swelling .

Wishing you fine recovery .
Welcome for any further assistance .

Regards dear take care .
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng