Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Chronic rash, itching in groin area, upper arms, waist, chest. History of ITP. Medical attention required?

My husband has a chronic rash and itching. He s been to 4 dermatologists who treat it with creames that work for a few days and then the itching and rash starts again. It first started in the groin area and was treated for fungal rash. But now over the years has moved to the outside of his upper arms, his waist area, chest, arm pits and back of calves??? Should he be seeing another doctor besides a dermatologist? He did suffer with ITP about 15 years ago and had his spleen removed???
Asked On : Sat, 9 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  104
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
from the description it seems either he could be having fungal infection known as tinea or eczema. The treatment in both these conditions vary. Tinea requires antifungal treatment while eczema requires steroid creams and emollients.
It is better to consult a qualified dermatologist to get the diagnosis confirmed and treatment be started. It does not seem to be related to his previous episode of ITP.
Hope that helped.
Take care
Answered: Fri, 5 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor