Are there any chances of getting hemochromatisis after menopause ?

I am 52 years old and have been in menopause (no periods) for approx 2 years. I have since gained about 40 pounds, and been very fatigued, and have had bouts of depression . I have been on blood pressure medicine for about 5 years now, but last time I was in the doctors office, about 2 weeks ago, it was 146/96. I read an article recently about hemochromatosis and remember that many years ago the doctor had told me that I that and had sent me to the hospital to have blood removed, then I had my period, and when I was tested again I was told my iron level was fine, and it was never brought up again. I didn t realize how dangerous it can be, and I am wondering if now that I no longer have periods if the issues I am having now could be signs that it is resurfacing? Should I ask my doctor for certain blood tests, and are there any other tests I should be asking for? I am 5 1, now weigh 160, and the only other medical issue I have is restless leg syndrome, which seems to have gotten less bothersome over the past couple of years, and am so tired all the time I feel like I can sit down and go to sleep at all times of the day. Do you have any advice on this?
Sun, 1 Jan 2012