What causes chronic chest pain after a heavy meal?
I am 30 year old obese when I tried to laugh too hard had strange feeling in head for a second.later next day I laughed even harder this time felt like head was holding or dizzy kind of like passing out it stopped when I stoped laughing feeling mild headache and my right side of chest mildly hurts.sometimes I get mild chest pain after sneezing and laughing it feels like burning. doesn't happen always and pain comes after laughing too hard not during laughing period.i don't have any pain while breathing
btw I am having chest pains close to year and half happens sometimesafter a heavymeal or during walk not always.
visited multiple cardiologists they said everything is fine had multiple ecgs,stress ecg,echo all came normal.normal chest xray and doctors told my lungs are clear. might be gerd or costracondites
probably symptoms not to worry about
Hello and welcome in HCM
I can understand your concern
According to the history you provide i agree that such symptoms probably might be from GERD mostly and especially in obese patients.
For evaluating more the lungs you can do a Spirometry test and if it is normal than nothing more to do.
Regarding the headache if it disturbs you seriously or daily, if you were my patient i would recommend you to see a specialist neurologist (if needed ).He will examine you further for this
However if all the above results are normal than the only solution that helps you to feel better is to lose some weight and to see the difference.
Please consider all the above and we can discuss again.
Hope to have been helpful
Regards and feel free to ask me again
Yes i fully agree with the opinion with your doctor for Spirometry results .
Regardind sleep test it is called Polysomnography test.Yes it is recommended in obese patients but it is not related with the kind of pain you are experiencing.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Diagnosis of chronic chest pain
- Chronic chest pains short burst of anger any ideas
- Treatment and cure for chronic chest pain
- Symptoms of chronic chest pain
- How to treat chronic chest pain in a male
- Chronic chest pain in a young woman please help
- Chronic chest pain causes
- Drugs/medication for chronic chest pain
- What causes chest pain after a tonsillectomy
- Chronic chest pain in the afternoon
- Are pulmonary function tests advisable for diagnosing COPD?
- Suggest natural remedies for insomnia
- Suggest treatment for COPD in an elderly person
- Suggest treatment for pain in the ribs
- What causes cold while on Dextromethorphan?
- What causes constant pain in the ribs after injury?
- Suggest treatment for fungal infection in the lungs
- Suggest treatment for dry cough and pain in the ribs
- What causes fever and crackling sound in the cough?
- What causes frequent urination along with zits on the chest and face?