What causes chronic chest pain after a heavy meal?

Dr. Jnikolla

Pulmonologist

Posted on Fri, 18 May 2018 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: i.

I am 30 year old obese when I tried to laugh too hard had strange feeling in head for a second.later next day I laughed even harder this time felt like head was holding or dizzy kind of like passing out it stopped when I stoped laughing feeling mild headache and my right side of chest mildly hurts.sometimes I get mild chest pain after sneezing and laughing it feels like burning. doesn't happen always and pain comes after laughing too hard not during laughing period.i don't have any pain while breathing

btw I am having chest pains close to year and half happens sometimesafter a heavymeal or during walk not always.
visited multiple cardiologists they said everything is fine had multiple ecgs,stress ecg,echo all came normal.normal chest xray and doctors told my lungs are clear. might be gerd or costracondites
Answered by Dr. Jnikolla 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
probably symptoms not to worry about

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome in HCM

I can understand your concern

According to the history you provide i agree that such symptoms probably might be from GERD mostly and especially in obese patients.

For evaluating more the lungs you can do a Spirometry test and if it is normal than nothing more to do.

Regarding the headache if it disturbs you seriously or daily, if you were my patient i would recommend you to see a specialist neurologist (if needed ).He will examine you further for this

However if all the above results are normal than the only solution that helps you to feel better is to lose some weight and to see the difference.

Please consider all the above and we can discuss again.

Hope to have been helpful

Regards and feel free to ask me again

Dr.Jolanda
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Jnikolla 33 minutes later
did spirometry year back it showed restrictive .doctor told me nothing to worry .it could be because of obesity also result was taken on one second he said needed three or six seconds which I couldn't perform properly. he said couldn't find any restrictive pattern from my breathing and my chest xray is normal and said further spirometry is not required and told Me if possible do a sleep test. all my doctor visits had normal s1 and s2,clear lungs. nowadays I do get breathing problems more like I have put on more weight and have nose blocks because of enlarged tuberinates
Answered by Dr. Jnikolla 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
continue discussion

Detailed Answer:
Hi again

Yes i fully agree with the opinion with your doctor for Spirometry results .

Regardind sleep test it is called Polysomnography test.Yes it is recommended in obese patients but it is not related with the kind of pain you are experiencing.

Dr.Jolanda