How to treat swallowing difficulty?

i do not like to eat and when i do i feel blah. i yhave trouble swallowing sometimes and woke up with a burning in my throat. i have constant nausea. i have felt this way for about 3/4 of a year and i also have anxiety about being sick. i am 14 years old 5 feet, and 84 pounds. i am as thin as a skeleton and i have been told it is stress, anxiety, depression and i may have acid reflux. what else is it
Tue, 1 Jun 2021

You are experiencing swallowing problems associated with burning in the throat. You are also having nausea. It can be acid reflux that is causing you symptoms, acid reflux commonly occurs due to indigestion. Avoid eating anything that is raw. Do not eat raw fruits, vegetables or salads. You can eat it when well cooked or boiled. You can take it in porridge, oat meals, etc.

Take food that is easy to digest, avoid spicy oily food. Do not take red meat, trans fat, full fatty milk products, cheesy products. Take home made nutritious food that is well cooked. Take it in small amounts multiple times a day. You can take Digene syrup (antacid syrup) to avoid acid reflux, 10ml twice daily. Syrup Rantac (ranitidine) is also equally effective.

You can take Liv-52 syrup twice daily to boost your liver. Take adequate sleep. Avoid stressful lifestyle. Try to gain weight. Do exercises and walking regularly. You are suggested to get clinically examined by a GP, Achalasia can also present with such symptoms. Your treating doctor will recommend esophageal manometry, X-rays of your upper digestive system, upper endoscopy, etc. You will be accordingly treated.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Nupur K., General & Family Physician