What causes sleeplessness with pressure and tightness behind the left ear?

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Posted on Tue, 22 May 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: hi
i m facing sleep disturbance since last 8 years i feel too much pressure over and behing myleft ears may be it leads to stress and breaks my sleep after i sleep
abnormal feeling on left while yawning too much tightness on left ear and foreheadpsychatric say brain is normal
Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Various causes

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir, I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns but this could be due to a number of causes including Menier's disease which occurs when the fluid inside your ear changes in volume or position.. Sense of fullness and pressure can be accompanied with dizziness and it can be relived by betahistine (betaserc) and primperane..
Another cause can be eustakian tube dysfunction due to chronic inflammation, in this case sense of pressure and fullness may be accompanied by muffling sound.. this can be relieved by antihistamines, decongestants and sometimes antibiotics..
However, otitis media should also be excluded in which sense of fullness and pressure may be accompanied with fever or discharge.. I hope you find this helpful..
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 3 days later
dr we dont have above problems
problem lies within ear and forehead in rear of ear making hardness around ear
the main problem is sleep disturbance after i sleep and tightness around ear it is 8 ears there is no fluid you can check some more reports i hv uploaded pls see if u can guide for other diagonasis
Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 26 hours later
Brief Answer:
Lunesta

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir, hello again.. the reports uploaded in your previous questions suggest eustachian tube dysfunction and nasal septal deviation.. However, to help you maintain sleep I would suggest lunesta once daily before going to bed by half an hours.

I hope you find this helpful..
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad