Can reducing stress stabilize TSH levels?
Check thyroid antibodies:
Hello and thank you for asking!
The TSH level you reported is at the upper normal ranges suggesting for a tendency of under active thyroid or hypothyroidism.
The most common cause of hypothyroidism is an autoimmune disease called Hashimoto thyroiditis that is confirmed by checking Anti-TPO and AntiTG antibodies.
Usually is a chronic disease and once installed it is not reversible.
So, if this TSH level at the upper normal levels is caused by Hashimoto thyroiditis, stress reduction will not improve it as it is not stress related.
Check the above mentioned antibodies and if positive keep monitoring TSH level every 6 months.
Once it is over normal ranges, treatment should be started.
Hope the information will help.
Will be a pleasure to help you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Reducing stress in the workplace
- How to reduce ones paranoia and stress levels
- 10 steps to reduce stress
- Stress high tsh 3rd generation levels
- Can less stress reduce fsh levels
- Stress and raised tsh
- How to reduce stress level from amway
- Does stress increase tsh levels
- How to naturally reduce stress
- Can stress elevate a tsh level