Suggest remedy for rashes in back & face

Hello, I was wondering if there was any other information or tidbits about Dermatomyositis that I haven't read...and I have read a lot. I am 80% sure this has been my problem, I see my Rheumatogist soon and would like to discuss it.
I believe I have many of the symptoms, especially the rash which attacks my face, back, and shoulders. The rash has this character more than Lupus...which my many of blood labs has not noted...just an elevated ANA.
I am a 20 yrs old Female, and 2 years ago I had a 4 x 5 "Leiomyosarcoma" removed from my right upper lung...it was primary and slow...I wonder now if it was connected, since it was so strange and a surprise!
Thanks for all of your time!!
Tue, 1 Jun 2021

With due reservations, I do not see your disease likely to be dermatomyositis. Of course, you have not given your complete history and symptoms, still, It is a very rare auto-immune disease, Where muscle weakness of upper trunk, shoulder, upper arms, lower trunk, hips and thighs are common. It is a gradually increasing disease having normal relapse and remissions. Of course, initial symptoms are related to skin rashes, at least in 40% of cases. These symptoms may be confused with lupus, as the rash on the cheek may resemble to butterfly rash of lupus. Other rashes may be on extensor surfaces of joints like knuckles of fingers, elbow and knee joint etc.

Also, it is generally seen in about 40-60 years of age. It may also appear in children, mostly of 5-15 years of age. Your age also do not favor the diagnosis of dermatomyositis. The diagnosis of dermatomyositis can be made by:
* Blood tests to detect increased amount of muscle enzymes like CK and LDH
* Blood tests to detect auto-antibodies against cells,tissues or native proteins
* Electromyopathy shows myopathy pattern in about and 75% cases
* Muscle biopsy and/or skin biopsy may be confirmatory test for dermomyositis

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Satnarain Bansal, General & Family Physician