Bleeding gums, breathlessness, cloudy vision, night sweats, diarrhea. Ct scan showed hepatomegaly

Hi there.I have had symptoms of fatigue , lack of appetite, bloddy/dark stools/ diahorrea, night sweats ( excessive), itching, brusing, headaches, weight loss , bleeding of the gums for about 6 mtns. Yesterday for the first time: cloudy vision ( if that makes sense) and trouble breathing. Also back and chest pains have come on recently. I had a CT scan done on Monday and they detected hepatomegaly with diffuse fatty infusion. In terms of my blood count, my neutrophil count is 1.42 (low), MCV 99.1 fl, AST- NORMAL. Basophil count -0.02 low ,calcium is low. What could this all suggest? It terms of leukemia, does it have to be reflected by extremely normal blood tests? I ve heard that its the symptoms as opposed to the statistics that matter.Is that a myth? My Mum died of stomach cancer at 36, I am 28. Had an endescopy done last week . All clear. Have had helicobacter pylori in the past twice.Awaiting a colonoscopy. I m worried about leukemia.I am changing my GP as she is useless.Says that its nothing and cannot be leukemia and refuses to let me get a bone marrow test to make sure?? Best, Marie
Sat, 14 Aug 2021

You had a CT scan done and it shows hepatomegaly with diffuse fatty infusion. Hepatomegaly may be indicative of fatty liver diseases, alcohol use disorder, hepatitis, and cancer. To get control of your symptoms you are suggested to switch to strict diet control. Avoid intake of alcohol, fried food, white bread, pasta, red meat, trans fat, oily spicy junk food, full fat dairy products, etc. Stay away from sugary foods such as candy, cookies, sodas, and fruit juices. Avoid addictions if any.

Do regular exercises, loose weight. Do walking in the morning and evening. Take home made healthy food, presently take boiled food to help your liver detox. Take food that is easily digestible. Avoid hard to digest food. Take fiber rich food, avoid constipation. Take food good for the liver. Stay well hydrated. Take adequate rest and quality sleep.

Avoid stress and anxiety. Get clinically examined by a GP, get all your liver function tests done. Take liver tonics. Control your blood glucose and cholesterol levels. Get CBC, urinalysis and stool examination (R/E and C/S) done. Yes, it may be indicative of leukemia, get Bone marrow tests and blood tests done to stay on the safer side. Include vitamin C rich food in your regular diet.

Take anti diarrheal to stop diarrhea and take plenty of water and fluids to compensate for the loss of minerals. Take acetaminophen, one stat to get rid of headache and body ache, take it after food. You can take digestives and PPIs, once daily to boost your appetite. Stay on diet control and re-check your liver status after 40-45 days, get repeat USG and liver functions tests done to detect improvement.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Nupur K., General & Family Physician

Recent questions on Bone marrow

Hello, You had a CT scan done and it shows hepatomegaly with diffuse fatty infusion. Hepatomegaly may be indicative of fatty liver diseases, alcohol use disorder, hepatitis, and cancer. To get control of your symptoms you are suggested to switch to strict diet control. Avoid intake of alcohol, fried food, white bread, pasta, red meat, trans fat, oily spicy junk food, full fat dairy products, etc. Stay away from sugary foods such as candy, cookies, sodas, and fruit juices. Avoid addictions if any. Do regular exercises, loose weight. Do walking in the morning and evening. Take home made healthy food, presently take boiled food to help your liver detox. Take food that is easily digestible. Avoid hard to digest food. Take fiber rich food, avoid constipation. Take food good for the liver. Stay well hydrated. Take adequate rest and quality sleep. Avoid stress and anxiety. Get clinically examined by a GP, get all your liver function tests done. Take liver tonics. Control your blood glucose and cholesterol levels. Get CBC, urinalysis and stool examination (R/E and C/S) done. Yes, it may be indicative of leukemia, get Bone marrow tests and blood tests done to stay on the safer side. Include vitamin C rich food in your regular diet. Take anti diarrheal to stop diarrhea and take plenty of water and fluids to compensate for the loss of minerals. Take acetaminophen, one stat to get rid of headache and body ache, take it after food. You can take digestives and PPIs, once daily to boost your appetite. Stay on diet control and re-check your liver status after 40-45 days, get repeat USG and liver functions tests done to detect improvement. Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further. Regards, Dr. Nupur K., General & Family Physician