Suggest treatment for severe cough and chest pain when diagnosed with whooping cough

Question
I started having symptoms about 7 weeks ago. Head congestion, then chest congestion, some fever, a cough, shortness of breath, and now pain in my chest under my left breast. (always after eating or drinking and random, when not, pain is worse when I have cold food or drinks). I have had the following tests: Multiple chest x-rays, endoscopy, motility study, upper GI, CT scan of lungs, ultra sound of heart, EKG, and blood tests. Blood work includes cardiac and pancreas enzymes and more recently Whooping Cough, which came back positive. Over the course of the last 7 weeks, I have been treated with 3 rounds of z-packs, steroids, Augmentin, Omnicef, and OTC allergy meds. The congestion appears to be gone, but I still have a bad cough, which is preventing normal activities. The pain in my chest prevents me from everyday routines.
Fri, 18 May 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Take Inhaler for a short course.

Detailed Answer:
Hi. Welcome to Healthcare Magic. I am Dr Anshul Varshney for your help.
I would term your condition as Allergic Bronchitis. Such bronchitis takes 3-4 weeks to respond and I feel that you are in response phase only
At this point of time best way out to reduce cough and chest pain is to take Inhalers containing Formetrol and Budesonide for a short course.
Taking it for 2 weeks would give you complete recovery.
Do hot fomentation of the affected area and apply volini gel to your chest.
I hope it helps you.
If you have any further query please ask me.