• question-icon

What does this MRI report indicate?

Posted on Tue, 18 Jul 2017 in Headache and Migraines
Question: I have attatched my mri report. i have frequent urination problems and no sleep since last 6 years. urination frequency sometimes even in 15 mins interval and more at night and also in day time.
since last one year i have been also suffering from depression and strange behaviour.

Since many years i have been suffering from strange habits like checking locks many times and placing things in a particular order and complete withdrawal from social people and all.

What i have
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Frontotemporal dementia to consider.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HealthcareMagic.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

I examined the MRI report too.

The MRI report states that there is frontotemporal atrophy that may justify psychological problems, in some degree urination issues too.

In my opinion, you should be consulted by a Neurologist about early onset frontotemporal dementia.

MRI findings of the spinal cord are insignificant regarding to your symptoms.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Erion Spaho 12 minutes later
Sir
what i have got to know is that this is progressive and cannot be cured. Also it doesnt generally occur in age 37 but generally after 60 age. Also i have read in a journal that in the mild form the starting symptom is frequent urination which i am having since last 6 years apart from other symptoms of cod also
and it says that the patient can have a sudden death and maximum life expectancy is 8 -10 years from onset of the atrophy
your views on the above
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Frontotemporal dementia may happen in different ages.

Detailed Answer:
Hello again.

Frontotemporal dementia may happen in any age and may shorten life expectancy.

The exact influence on mortality is unknown, and the rate of disease progression is variable.

The rate of progression from focal presentation to a more generalized dementia varies, but is greater than 8-10 years.

There are documented many cases of very slow progressive disease.

Hope I helped you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical