What causes defocused vision with a tight and constricted facial muscles?
Possible differential diagnosis and need more information
Hi xxxxxxxxxxl, thanks for asking HCM.
I can understand your concern. You are having trouble in focusing eyes, laziness, excessive yawning, facial tightness and constricted. These kind of symptoms can be due to both
- Organic or non-functional disease like
Multiple sclerosis - Gradual demyelination of nerves, brain and spinal cord can cause all these kind of symptoms. Usually MS affect eyes first. Your age is against it as it begins mostly in 20-40 years age.
Scelroderma - It is a connective tissue disorder which can cause tightening of skin, facial tightness, generalised weakness, gradual mutilation of fingers.
Nutritional deficiency of vitamin and minerals - Deficiency of multiple vitamin, minerals like Zn/Iron/Se can cause such manifestations except tightening of face. It is common in old and younger age groups.
Poor stamina due to advancing age, sedentary life style
Chronic disease like viral or bacterial sinusitis/systemic infection/diabetes mellitus/hypothyroidism
- Non organic or psychiatric causes
Depression can manifest with any kind of signs and symptoms.
Chronic fatigue syndrome due to excessive work/stress.
Now to confirm the cause, I need more information about you. After that some conclusion can be made and investigations can be advised.
- What is total duration?
- Is there any history of diabetes or any chronic illness?
- Is there any history of depression or mental stress?
- Is there any history of excessive work, decreased appetite, weight loss?
- If any investigation has been done, please send me the reports.
Hope you got my point. If you have any doubts, do let me know.
I will help you.
Thanks. Take care.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes blurred vision with tightness in chest
- What causes double vision
- What causes flashes in vision
- What is cause of constricted testicales
- What causes constricting tighting pain in head
- Causes of tight constricted cervix
- What causes wavy vision
- Facial muscle weakness causes
- What causes blurred vision
- What causes pulsating vision
- What causes feeling of fluid rushing from throat to base of spine?
- Suggest remedies for migraine headache for a thyroid patient
- What do my MRI scan test report indicate?
- What causes lower back pain while on bladder control product?
- Is there a nerve in back that would cause numbness in foot?
- What causes sharp pain in back of head and neck?
- Suggest treatment for migraine
- Suggest treatment for side effects of Depakote
- Does intake of Dart help in treating headache?
- What causes tingling and pain in hands and feet?