What causes defocused vision with a tight and constricted facial muscles?

Neurologist, Surgical
Question
Hello. I've been having trouble keeping my eyes open and focused. I had a sinus infection which was treated but this has been happening before that. I keep yawning and feel as if I don't have enough oxygen and my face feels tight and constricted.
Tue, 22 May 2018 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Ishu Bishnoi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Possible differential diagnosis and need more information

Detailed Answer:
Hi xxxxxxxxxxl, thanks for asking HCM.

I can understand your concern. You are having trouble in focusing eyes, laziness, excessive yawning, facial tightness and constricted. These kind of symptoms can be due to both

- Organic or non-functional disease like

Multiple sclerosis - Gradual demyelination of nerves, brain and spinal cord can cause all these kind of symptoms. Usually MS affect eyes first. Your age is against it as it begins mostly in 20-40 years age.

Scelroderma - It is a connective tissue disorder which can cause tightening of skin, facial tightness, generalised weakness, gradual mutilation of fingers.

Nutritional deficiency of vitamin and minerals - Deficiency of multiple vitamin, minerals like Zn/Iron/Se can cause such manifestations except tightening of face. It is common in old and younger age groups.

Poor stamina due to advancing age, sedentary life style

Chronic disease like viral or bacterial sinusitis/systemic infection/diabetes mellitus/hypothyroidism

- Non organic or psychiatric causes

Depression can manifest with any kind of signs and symptoms.

Chronic fatigue syndrome due to excessive work/stress.

Now to confirm the cause, I need more information about you. After that some conclusion can be made and investigations can be advised.

- What is total duration?
- Is there any history of diabetes or any chronic illness?
- Is there any history of depression or mental stress?
- Is there any history of excessive work, decreased appetite, weight loss?
- If any investigation has been done, please send me the reports.

Hope you got my point. If you have any doubts, do let me know.
I will help you.
Thanks. Take care.