What causes numbness in the hand progressing to the feet?

Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Wed, 9 May 2018 in Brain and Spine
Question: numbness start in hand all way feet
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
A neurological condition to consider.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HCM.

I have read the question that you posted and understand your concerns.

Numbness is mainly an attribute of the nervous system dysfunction, so, since there is a localization in the left extremities, a problem ( compression ) of your cervikal spinal cord or right side of the brain ( a lesion for example ) should be considered.

Multiple sclerosis also may result in such symptoms.

Before to go further with tests such MRI, a neurological examination is necessary.

Discuss with your Neurologist about these issues.

Hope you found the answer helpful

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Erion Spaho 10 minutes later
went hospital nothing in brain or blood work but gets n worse n worse everyday
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
MS to consider then.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.

Okay then, multiple sclerosis should be considered as a possibility.

Besides brain MRI, it is necessary for a cervical spinal cord MRI too, and, probably for a spinal tap and cerebrospinal fluid examination about oligoclonal bands.

Hope this helps.

Greetings.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana