What does negative COMBO test for HIV indicate?

HIV AIDS Specialist
Question
I had UNPROTECTED oral sex on 3/6, scare HIV infected.
23days combo test was neg;27days RNA test was neg;35days combo was neg;42days combo was neg; conclusive?
Posted Tue, 12 Aug 2014 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 2 hours later
Hi.
Welcome.
Repeated COMBO tests negative after 27 days confirmed that you are free from HIV 1 infection as the antigen part rules out HIV 1 only. Antibody part of this test becomes conclusive after 12 weeks which rules out both HIV 1 and 2.But HIV 1 infection is the commonest (99%) throughout the world except certain parts of XXXXXXX So you are almost HIV free.
Dr S XXXXXXX

Follow-up: What does negative COMBO test for HIV indicate? 4 days later
Hi, Doctor
I did another 4th generation combo test and RNA PCr test in lab yesterday, both are in negative result today. It was a 48 days blood sample test.
Can you give me some idea?
It's almost 7 weeks now. I m very tired and very worry. My sore throat already happened for 3 weeks, still not get well. Symptons like swollen gland was gone. Lymph on neck and armpit was not feeling well last 2 weeks. Mild shoulder rash.
It was few times unprotected oral sex on 23/5, 28/5 and the last time was 3/6.
I cannot stand the anxiety anymore....i saw so many doctors..... Blood test evey week......

Dr. Please give me some idea!
Regards XXXXXX

Brief Answer:
Antibiotic asper sensitivity test cure sore throa

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
You are free from HIV 1 infection beyond any doubt. There is no use in doing the HIV test every week.. The fact is same. The antibody test or the Combo test after 12 weeks ruled out both HIV 1&2 conclusively. Till then however much is your anxiety you have, no way other than waiting to see the HIV 2 result, which is a very very rare possibility.
Regarding your sore throat, change of antibiotics as per the culture report of the throat swab will help you. Your doctor will help you in this regard.
Dr S.Murugan

Follow-up: What does negative COMBO test for HIV indicate? 21 hours later
Dr. S. XXXXXXX
It's hard to wait till 12 weeks. I not feeling well. Muscle pain, neck pain and headache. Sore throat, neck rash, lymph pain,are these the symptoms of ARS?
I feeling i infected.....please help

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Unlikely to be due to HIV.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
These symptoms are common for any ordinary sore throat or a viral fever other than HIV and also such symptoms may be present as early manifestations of HIV disease. With these alone nobody can be labeled as HIV. Your Combo Test was negative. Oral sex carries a low risk for HIV. So your symptoms are unlikely to be due to HIV.
Dr S.Murugan

Follow-up: What does negative COMBO test for HIV indicate? 2 hours later
Dr,S XXXXXXX
I just woke up bcause my body sweat alot just now, i got nerve pain from my neck this evening, and serious body night sweat just now.
I just started took thd antibotics for my 3 weeks sore throat today.
I go crazy..am i infected? Icannot sleep. Please help

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Antibiotics as per the guidance of your physician

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.

Are you taking antibiotics as per the advice of your physician? Antibiotics must be appropriate and to be taken in adequate dosage and for adequate duration. If there is no response, then a culture and sensitivity from the throat swab is essential. Not necessarily related to HIV. Follow the advice of your physician, you will become alright soon.
Dr S XXXXXXX

Follow-up: What does negative COMBO test for HIV indicate? 16 minutes later
Dr. S XXXXXXX
Sorry for my poor english skill.
Is that mean the night sweat is a symptoms i got infected?
I cannot sleep for whole night.
Regards XXXXX

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Night sweating not specific for HIV.

Detailed Answer:
Night sweating is not a specific symptom for HIV. It can occur with Tuberculosis, anxiety, and heart attack and many other condition. As you got awakened due to fear of HIV you would have night sweating. Nothing else.
Not to worry.
DR S XXXXXXX