question-icon

What does my lab test report indicate?

Posted on Tue, 19 Jul 2016
Question: my levels
thyroxine t4 free, direct 2.88 tsh 000.6 trilodorhyronine, free serum 11.3 and I have a nodule on my right side of the thyroid that just appreared about 2 months ago and I am having severe rashes all of a sudden.
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala (59 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Thyroid

Detailed Answer:
Sorry to learn about your bothersome symptoms.

It is evident you have an over-active thyroid gland. In order to determine the cause of this over-activity, you need to undergo the test mentioned below. These are important tests because the treatment depends on the cause. For example it could be a temporary bruising of the thyroid called thyroiditis or it could be that the lump that has been noticed is making excessive amounts of thyroid hormone.
When I see someone like you in my practice, I typically order the following blood tests in addition to a detailed physical examination:

CBC (Complete Blood Count, also known as Hemogram; includes Hemoglobin, WBC and Platelet counts)
Electrolytes (Sodium and Potassium in particular)
HbA1c (Glycosylated Hemoglobin = your last 3 months' glucose average). Also known by other names such as GlycoHemoglobin or Glycated Hemoglobin or A1c
Liver function tests (SGOT , SGPT, Albumin, Bilirubin, Alkaline Phosphatase)
Kidney function tests (BUN, Creatinine) XXXXXXX 123 THYROID UPTAKE AND SCAN
ULTRASOUND EXAMINATION OF THE THYROID GLAND AND NECK
25 hydroxy Vitamin D levels (ideal range 40 to 60 ng/ml = 100 to 150 nmol/liter)

None of these tests require any fasting and can be done at any time of the day
Follow up: Dr. Shehzad Topiwala (7 minutes later)
I have attached by lab work

so what did you think of the lab work. the only thing I see is the creatine was a little low
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala (11 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Follow up

Detailed Answer:
I have reviewed the attached report.

Do not worry about the low creatinine.

Proceed further to the next round of thyroid tests to arrive at the correct diagnosis
Dr. Shehzad Topiwala

Endocrinologist