Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
177 Doctors are Online

What does "endometrium proliferative 7.6 mm, nabothian follicles seen on cervix" mean?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 1279 Questions
hi, i have PCOD and have been TTC from 1.5 years. I was put on metformin 500 mg bid for 7 months and it did not help me. Now i am on ubiphene 100 mg took from CD 3 to CD7. I went for a USG on CD9 which showed following result. endometrium proliferative 7.6 mm, nabothian follicles seen on cervix, right ovary 3.5x2.2x4.1 cms not adherent to uterus, left ovary 4.3x3.0x4.1 cms and adherent to uterus. left ovary showed 2 endometriotic cysts. Both ovaries showed multiple follicles suggestive of polycystic ovaries. Please let me know how my report looks. I need to know if i have any chances to get pregnant.
Posted Thu, 20 Mar 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Kindly reply few questions. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Kindly reply few questions so that I can come to a conclusion: How are your menstrual cycles? are they regular or irregular? please mention its frequency and duration of flow. Do you have painful menstruation/ periods? Do you have pain during intercourse? Have you undergone blood investigations, serum LH (leutinizing) FSH(follicular stimulating hormone) , serum prolactin and thyroid function tests ? How many cycles you have been put on ovulation induction tablets like ubiphene? Have you ever undergone laparoscopy ? or Hysterosapingography for checking fallopian tube patency? Kindly mention about the size of endometriotic cysts? Give details regarding your husbands semen analysis, if it has been done? Does your husband has any coital problems? ejaculatory or erectile dysfunction? Please ask if you have more questions, and do write back with the answers so that I can guide you further. Awaiting your response. Regards Arif
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What does "endometrium proliferative 7.6 mm, nabothian follicles seen on cervix" mean? 14 minutes later
Thanks for the reply. Here are the cycles have been very irregular from the beginning. I get periods at 40-45 days n bleeding continues till 15-20 days. I will have painful periods only when I use pills otherwise no pain. No pain during inter course. Fsh was 3.8, lh 8.91, prolactin was 16.51, T3 1.260, T4 7.86, Tsh 4.4. This is my first cycle of ubiphene. I was on clofert for 3 months a year ago but dint work n never had any follicular study. Never undergone any procedure like laparoscopy. Size of endometriotic cysts 2.4*1.9*2.3-5.4 cc medial, 2.2*1.7*2.1 cms-4.0 cc lateral. No tests were done on husband. He doesnt have any issues. Please let us know if my body is favourable for pregnancy and I am getting correct treatment. Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: Your husband needs evaluation first. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thank you and I appreciate for the detailed reply. I can understand your concerns XXXXXXX Coming back to your questions, after analyzing all the reports you have little hormonal imbalance which needs to be corrected first. First of all before we start giving any ovulation induction drugs (clomiphene) for females it is very important to check the SEMEN ANALYSIS first. It is very very important. If the semen report is normal then only further treatment is planned. In infertility treatment both husband and wife should be involved. As you are having PCOS and endometriotic cyst I suggest you to undergo Diagnostic laparoscopy . This is because by laparoscopy we can tackle 4 things in your situation: 1)Removing endometriotic cysts (which are important part of infertility treatment) 2)removal of pelvic adhesions in between the fallopian tubes, which might affect the OVUM PICKUP (which is quite possible in your case) 3)Ovarian drilling, which is again a treatment option for PCOS 4)checking fallopian tube patency. After all evaluation you can be given treatment with ovulation induction. I am not in favor of what treatment you are getting now. Also your TSH level are high, kindly get evaluated for hypothyroidism, you might require Thyroid hormone supplementation. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What does "endometrium proliferative 7.6 mm, nabothian follicles seen on cervix" mean? 2 days later
hi doctor, my husband's tests were done which showed astheno terato zoospermia. we visited the doctor with his reports (attached here also). she said the reports are nearly normal and prescribed Hiq plus and maxoza L XXXXXXX for 1 month. She asked me to wait for another 2 months and see if i can conceive as my right ovary has no adhesions. please let us know if these medicines will be useful/sufficient for my husband..
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 16 hours later
Brief Answer: Antioxidents are helpful to improve semen function Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX I apologize for the late response; I was away from my computer due to unavoidable reasons. Coming back to your question, your husband needs to continue the medicines prescribed to him. Both these drugs are antioxidants (coenzyme Q , arginineand L carnitine) which have shown to be helpful in improving the semen parameters. I have analyzed the semen report of your husband, what I conclude from the semen report is there is normal count and motility, but there is problem with forms, which gets alright with antioxidants. The present method used for the analysis is computerized, which needs to be confirmed by repeating the manual method after 2 months of treatment. Along with this medication your husband needs clinical evaluation (if not done earlier) to rule out any other pathologies like hypogonadism, varicocele and hydrocele. The present medicines are sufficient for your husband. I personally feel for better results you need to undergo IUI (intrauterine insemination) and other treatment plans (kindly refer my previous answers) in present scenario, kindly discuss with your doctor regarding this. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor