Suggest ways to treat PCOD
I have PCOD and prominent symptoms of it like facial hairs, lethargy, thinning of hair, irregular period with gaps of 2-3 months usually. I already have a kid of 10 years and my age is 38 years. I am quite heavy with 80 kgs weight as of now.
Recently, I had the last period, which is continuing for 40 days now. Bleeding is not heavy but small amounts every day. My gynaecologist prescribed Deviry 10 mg (medroxy progesterone) plus PAUSE 500 mg for 12 days. Bleeding did not stop. then recently my doctor prescribe Primolut N 5 mg( norethisterone) for 15 days, but bleeding occurring. (reduced but).
I am now confused if I should continue with Primolut or seek alternate medication. I had done LOWER-USG, blood cultures. All normal, but walls of the uterus is slightly thicker.
Please advise what can be the reason , and what type of medication to continue ? It is hampering my quality of life. Is there any need of any procedures ?
Thanks in advance.
IT IS BETTER TO SAMPLE THE ENDOMETRIUM
I can understand your situation
In spite of hormones if you are bleeding means ,it is better to do a Dand C and sample the endimetrium.
You have mentioned that you are having thickened endometrium.
If so once the bleeding is controlled with D and C you can be on oral contraceptive pill or other medicines to regularise your cycles.
Reducing 5% of your weight also can regularise.
Life style indication will be of great help.
HOPE MY ANSWER HELPS YOU
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is pcod and how is it treated medically
- Follicle raptured on progenova proobojen have pcod suggest
- Suggest treatment for irregular periods with pcod
- Have pcod and hair fall suggestions
- Diagnosed with pcod before pregnancy which was treated with metformin
- Can pcod be treated and cured
- Which medication is most suitable to treat pcod
- Is crisanta sufficient to treat pcod and regularize period
- Is overal g tablet helpful to treat pcod
- Have pcod trying to conceive suggestions