Suggest ways to treat PCOD

Question
Hi doctor,
I have PCOD and prominent symptoms of it like facial hairs, lethargy, thinning of hair, irregular period with gaps of 2-3 months usually. I already have a kid of 10 years and my age is 38 years. I am quite heavy with 80 kgs weight as of now.
Recently, I had the last period, which is continuing for 40 days now. Bleeding is not heavy but small amounts every day. My gynaecologist prescribed Deviry 10 mg (medroxy progesterone) plus PAUSE 500 mg for 12 days. Bleeding did not stop. then recently my doctor prescribe Primolut N 5 mg( norethisterone) for 15 days, but bleeding occurring. (reduced but).
I am now confused if I should continue with Primolut or seek alternate medication. I had done LOWER-USG, blood cultures. All normal, but walls of the uterus is slightly thicker.
Please advise what can be the reason , and what type of medication to continue ? It is hampering my quality of life. Is there any need of any procedures ?
Thanks in advance.
Mon, 21 May 2018 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. B. Radhakrishnan. Nair 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
IT IS BETTER TO SAMPLE THE ENDOMETRIUM

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Greetings
I can understand your situation
In spite of hormones if you are bleeding means ,it is better to do a Dand C and sample the endimetrium.
You have mentioned that you are having thickened endometrium.
If so once the bleeding is controlled with D and C you can be on oral contraceptive pill or other medicines to regularise your cycles.
Reducing 5% of your weight also can regularise.
Life style indication will be of great help.
HOPE MY ANSWER HELPS YOU