What causes soreness and irritation in penis?
candidial balanitis is most likely possibility
Hello. Welcome to Healthcaremagic.com. I have read your query. I understand your concern. I have seen the attached photographs also.
It seems that you have got fungal infection of skin involving the genitalia known as Candidial Balanitis. It is characterised by red colored rash over the affected area. The rash may be associated with itch or soreness. It is more common in Diabetics and those who sweat more. It can also be acquired by sexual contact from infected partner.
In such cases, I prefer to advise topical antifungals like clotrimazole cream / miconazole cream and tablet fluconazole to my patients. The dose of fluconazole depends on body weight and age . It is a prescription drug so I will advise you to visit your doctor in person for clinical examination and prescription.
You can share my opinion with him. I hope it helps.
Herpes progenitalis is another possibility
One anoyher differential for your symptoms is viral infection of genitalia known as Herpes progenitalis. It is associated with fluid filled lesions or erosions on genitalia. But from the images, it looks like Balanitis to me.
I hope I am able to solve your query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes swelling irritation and pain of penis
- What causes irritation and red bumps on penis head
- What causes stiffness in the foreskin with irritation in penis
- What causes sores on my penis
- What causes inflamed and sore penis tip
- Penis irritation causes
- What causes soreness and pain on the penis
- What causes soreness in the tip of penis
- Diebeties causing sore on penis
- Causes on tiny sore on penis