What causes severe fatigue even after doing vigorous exercises?
Hello and welcome,
It sounds like you have a healthy lifestyle (assuming you don't drink a lot of alcohol or smoke cigarettes). So if you find you are more fatigued than usual, and it isn't due to increased exertion, then some of the things to look into are:
1. Thyroid function. This can be tested with a blood test for TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) and thyroxine level. Thyroid abnormalities can silently cause fatigue.
2. Get a CBC (complete blood count) to check for anemia or other abnormalities.
3. Are you getting quality sleep? If people tell you that you snore, or you find that your snort or gasp at times when sleeping or waking up, an evaluation for sinus or airway problems may help, or it might be a good idea to get a sleep study done to see if you are sleeping well.
4. Stress, anxiety, and depression can all cause fatigue, but you didn't mention anything relating to that.
5. For some people, having any kind of sugar or simple, processed carbohydrates in the morning can be followed by the blood sugar dipping too low and symptoms of hypoglycemia, which can include feeling tired. A glucose tolerance challenge test can help show this.
So, depending on which things relate to your experience, please pursue these. At minimum, get a CBC and TSH.
Please let me know if I can provide further information or clarification.
Consider sleep study.
How long has it been going on? And did it follow a viral infection?
Have you had a CBC done?
How is your sleep quality? That would be the next thing to pursue.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Severe fatigue after angioplasty is this normal
- Severe fatigue after colon resection
- Severe fatigue after gallbladder removal
- Night sweats and severe fatigue
- What causes depression with severe fatigue
- What causes severe fatigue mild fever and body pain
- Diabetic, severe fatigue causes
- Causes of severe fatigue
- Sever fatigue after angiogram
- What could cause a painful neck headache and severe fatigue