What causes fluttering sensations in the stomach while sitting or exhaling?
My upper stomach while sitting. Don't notice while standing. It appears worse when I breath out. Does not hurt just flutters
I would recommend as follows:
Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!
Your symptoms are not typical of any cardiac disorders.
Gastro-esophageal reflux could mimic such clinical situation. In such case the flutter would be exacerbated by bending over. Is this your case?
Coming to this point, I would first recommend trying an antiacid or PPI (omeprazole, pantoprazole, etc.).
Anxiety could also trigger this clinical situation.
Anyway, there is nothing to worry about!
If this feeling persists, I recommend consulting with your attending physician for a careful physical exam and some tests:
- complete blood count
- thyroid hormone levels
- fasting glucose
- blood electrolytes
- a resting ECG.
Hope you will find this answer helpful!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What can cause fluttering sensation in upper stomach
- Adenomyosis cause stomach fluttering
- What can cause itching sensation in stomach
- Could gas cause fluttering sensation in stomach
- What causes burning sensation in lower stomach
- Stomach and back flutters causes
- What could be cause of tickling sensation in stomach
- What cause my stomach to flutter
- What causes fluttering feeling in stomach and back area
- What can be cause of stomach burning sensation
- What do the following stress tests, echo and holter monitor test result...
- Suggest alternative treatment for congestive heart failure
- Suggest treatment for hypertension and GERD
- Suggest treatment for high BP and tingling in arms
- What causes sharp pain in chest area relieved by burping?
- Suggest treatment for afib, severe sleep apnea and high heart rate?
- What causes shortness of breath with normal chest X-ray?
- What causes severe pain in my calf muscle in Tietze syndrome?
- What causes altered sense of smell when diagnosed with sinus tachycardia?
- Does page syndrome increase the risk of heart attack?