Is a recall back from a mammogram app indicative of cancer?
Better to get an FNAC and/or biopsy
Thanks for your query, albeit short and specific.
Noted about the recall back from a Mammogram app - wants to know what it could be if not cancer.
The possible benign lesions at your age are:
Duct ectasia and papilloma.
Fibroadenosis and cysts.
Mammography in itself is suggestive a specific cause but is not the definite answer.
Ultrasonography helps further.
But the definite cause can be found only by FNAC and/or Biopsy which should be undertaken as soon as possible.
I hope this answers your query and helps you in getting an early and accurate diagnosis and reduced the stress and anxiety.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Call back after mammogram
- Will micro-calcification in mammogram indicate risks of cancer
- Mammogram call back rate
- Mammogram call back reasons
- Mammograms showing breast cancer
- First mammogram call back
- Call back for diagnostic mammogram
- Mammogram call back density
- Mammogram done fibroid s or cancer
- Does the mammogram result indicate cancer