Is a recall back from a mammogram app indicative of cancer?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Feb 2018
Feb 2018

General Surgeon
Question
I just got a recall back from a mammogram app. I'm very scared, what could it be if not cancer?
Tue, 22 May 2018 in Lump

Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Better to get an FNAC and/or biopsy

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Thanks for your query, albeit short and specific.
Noted about the recall back from a Mammogram app - wants to know what it could be if not cancer.
The possible benign lesions at your age are:
Duct ectasia and papilloma.
Fibroadenosis and cysts.
Mammography in itself is suggestive a specific cause but is not the definite answer.
Ultrasonography helps further.
But the definite cause can be found only by FNAC and/or Biopsy which should be undertaken as soon as possible.

I hope this answers your query and helps you in getting an early and accurate diagnosis and reduced the stress and anxiety.