What causes red colored rashes on pubic area?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 27 Aug 2014 in Women's Health
Question: I have a red type of rash on my man parts and find it to hard to go to my doctor which is a man.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Needs direct examination for diagnosis.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
From your description the most possible causes in my opinion are-
1. Dermatitis- due to skin infection, allergy,etc.
2. Dry skin- Xerosis.
3. Fungal infection it there is itching.
A direct examination by a dermatologist is the best way to get it diagnosed.
Hydrocortisone cream (1%) is available without a prescription and may soothe many rashes.
The rashes usually take 5-7 days to disappear.
If the rashes become more of purple rather than red then you must consult a dermatologist immediately.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.

Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 minutes later
can you see how red it is at the end? is this something to be worried about ??
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Dermatitis.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
I have seen the image. It looks like dermatitis. The steroid cream should help in decreasing the symptoms.
Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 14 minutes later
I have tired some of that cream and it didnt work ! can you see it goes all the way around the end and also starting on my scrotum? I can send a picture of my scrotum so you can see the rash as well ??
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
minor infection likely.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
If hydrocortisone has not helped you then oral antifungals and steroids are needed after consulting a dermatologist. It is likely to be a minor skin infection.
Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 minutes later
can I show you the rash on my scrotum plz ? you can tell me if its the same problem ?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes.

Detailed Answer:
Yes. You can upload the image.

Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 28 minutes later
I have taken 3 for you but if you need a closer picture I will do that ? can you see the redness? do you want a close up picture?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
due to superficial inflammation.

Detailed Answer:
The redness is due to superficial inflammation. It should subside with steroids- topical and oral. It is a part of the sane problem.
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 12 minutes later
can you plz tell me if that 'line' that is on my scrotum is normal? and also lately iv been getting clear liquid from my penis! I can send a picture of this if you need to see?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is normal.

Detailed Answer:
The line on the scrotum is normal. The clear discharge from penis is also normal. In case the discharge is excessive then it needs to be evaluated for infections or urethritis.

Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 10 minutes later
its so good to be able to take to you and not face to face with a doctor. Can I ask you and show pictures about all my medical worries? Ive never had anyone to show or talk to.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Better to ask a physician.

Detailed Answer:
It would be better to ask a general physician. Since my specialty is gynecology i am more comfortable with gynecological problems.
Regards.
ok but does everything look normal to you? im worried my penis and scrotum are not normal and the right shape and size ?
Brief Answer:
Yes it is normal.

Detailed Answer:
Yes. The size and shape are normal. You need not worry.
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 minutes later
and can I ask what will happen to the pictures I sent? will they be used for training?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No

Detailed Answer:
No. The query is kept confidential.
ive been trying to find another doctor to talk to but your the only one on line. Can I plz send more pictures so you can answer my querys and help with my confidence. I need reassurance about a few issues. plz ?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
A dermatologist is also online.

Detailed Answer:
A dermatologist and at least 3 more physicians are online and available who can help you better than me. You put your query and wait for their reply.
Please close the discussion and rate the answer.
Regards.