What causes rashes on chest, neck, armpits and groin area in psoriasis patient?
Seems to be pityriasis versicolor, take oral and topical antifungals
Thanks for being at healthcare magic
I have reviewed the attached photograph and it seems to be pityriasis versicolor which is a superficial fungal infection of the skin.
In such cases I recommend my patients to take oral as well as topical antifungals.
I recommend them to take tablet Ketoconazole 200 mg once daily for 10 days along with application of Terbinafine cream on the affected areas twice daily for 3-4 weeks.
These are prescription medicines and you need to see the doctor in person to get them.
I hope to have answered your query and would be happy to clarify any further doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Psoriasis causes
- What causes palmoplantar psoriasis
- Have psoriasis what causes horizontal ridges on the fingernails
- Having tonsilitis caused guttate psoriasis rash in groin area solution
- What causes a psoriasis outbreak
- What causes eczema and psoriasis
- What causes scalp psoriasis
- Causes psoriasis rash outbreak
- Does vyvanse cause psoriasis
- What causes psoriasis after started taking vyvanse