What causes low back and pelvic pain in a patient with endometriosis?

Posted on Fri, 12 Jun 2015 in Kidney Conditions
Question: I have a history of Kidney stones, I also have a cyst on my Kidney. I have 3 kidney stones in one kidney and 2 in the other. I also have a history of Ovarian cysts. My last cyst was 4.5 cm and ruptured 8 months ago. I have endometriosis as well. 2 days ago I woke up with the feeling that a cyst had ruptured but it felt like a small one, the pain wasn't unbearable. Ever since I have been cramping throughout my lower back and pelvic area. Also it feels like my c-section scar is burning on the inside. The pain is from my kidney area down into my back and into my pelvic floor and it's also in the front. I know it's not a kidney stone I've passed over 20 stones in 12 years. I have lots of pressure in my bottom as well. Now I'm passing small dried up red blood clots. Along with everything else, I had a lump that came up 3 months ago on my groin area that leaks fluid. It isn't painful unless I wear tight underwear for to long. No fever and I'm 27 years old. I have a pap every 6 months, no history of STD. I had a period 3 times this month.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can be due to endometriosis.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The pain in the lower back and pelvis is likely to be due to endometriosis or a urinary infection. The irregular periods can cause recurrent pain in the pelvis due to endometriosis.
It is best to consult your gynecologist and get an ultrasound scan done to find out the cause of pain. Taking oral contraceptive pills regularly will help in decreasing tha pain and will make your periods regular.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN