What causes the penis to ascend into the abdomen?

Posted on Tue, 22 May 2018 in Penis Problems
Question: What reasons might cause a 65 year man to have problems with a penis that continually ascends back into m abdomen.
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can be physiological but prostate relations should be ruled out

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all it's sad to know what you had been experiencing lately.

Based on the history you have shared, it can be physiological age related decreased skin tone which can increase the retraction usually caused by cold exposure in winters or due to decreased sex hormones production by the gonads but can also be pathological like prostatic issues or sourround hernias or loose inguinal rings or lax muscular layer along the base of penis. Kindly get it reviewed by a urologist in detail and get ultrasound of gonads and pelvis.

Pelvic floor muscle excercises after the review by a physiotherapist and under proper guidance can be started.

Hormonal adjuncts can only be used after getting levels by tets to estimate the need and requirements.

Using supplements for calcium, vitamin D3, and B 12 may help.

Hope this has answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask. Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin