What is Pelvic floor?
The pelvic floor is composed of muscle fibers which span the area underneath the pelvis formed by the levatores ani and coccygei. The pelvic floor separates the pelvic cavity above from the perineal region below. It is important in providing support for pelvic organs e.g.bladder,intestines,uterus (in females) & in maintenance of continence as part of urinary and anal sphincters.
Questions and answers on "Pelvic floor"
Health resources related to Pelvic floor
- Pelvic floor muscle toner
- Is it normal to have pelvic floor pains during pregnancy
- Theospas for pelvic floor
- What to expect with pelvic floor exercises
- Equipment for pelvic floor exercises
- Period and pelvic floor
- Pelvic floor pain after hysterectomy
- Exercises strengthen pelvic floor
- Pelvic floor after pregnancy
- How to strengthen the pelvic floor for vulvodynia