What causes back pain, fatigue and joint pain while on heart disease medication?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
I am 77 and take heart disease medications. I have lower back pain, am fatigued and joint pain. Suggestions?
Mon, 21 May 2018 in Back Pain

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be low calcium and vitamin D3.

Detailed Answer:
The pain of the lower side of your back can be due to-
1. Lumbar muscle strain- due to tear or pull of muscle fibres.
2. Infections like paraspinal abscess.
3. Lumbar disc herniation, sciatica, etc.
4. Arthritis or ankylosing spondylosis.
5. Weak core muscles-Strengthening the muscles that support the spine helps keep the spine in its proper position and reduce risk of sprains, strains and lower back pain.
6. Vitamin D3 deficiency.
Proper diagnosis involves investigations like ultrasound of the abdomen, X-ray and MRI of the spine after an examination by your primary physician.
The treatment will then depend on the cause.
Hot fomentation and oral muscle relaxants can provide a temporary relief till then.
You can start with calcium and vitamin D3 supplements with Tylenol and a hot compress.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal