What causes genital rash with itching?
CAN BE ALLERGY OR ATROPHIC VAGINITIS.
Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.
In your case, I can think of two reasons -
1. First is the pad that you have to wear daily, it can be causing irritation and itching and rash due to allergic reaction.
SInce when are you using the current brand, try switching brands.
Wear slightly more expensive non allergenic pads.
You can use local aloe vera / chamomile gel for relief.
Wash the private parts with plain lukewarm water, avoiding any kind of soaps, gels, douches, shampoos etc.
2. Get your blood sugars tested.
3. At 84, due to local hormonal deficiency, the vaginal and genital tissues become atrophic and fragile, breaking easily and getting easily irritated.
THis condition is called atrophic vaginitis.
Use lubricants during sex, and sometimes, local estrogen creams might help. Please discuss this option with your doctor, after confirming the diagnosis and having a vaginal swab to rule out infection.
All the best
Please feel free to discuss further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Itching in the genital area caused by tetralysal
- What causes genital herpes
- What causes itching and rashes in the vagina
- What causes genital scabing
- Vicodin causing itching genitals
- What could cause a burning rash around the genitals
- Causes of male genital itching
- Painful rashes on genitals cause
- What causes genital ulcers
- Have rashes that itch what is causing this
- Why am I getting pain and electric sensation after having intercourse?
- Mirena inserted. Itchy rashes appeared, missing periods and having...
- Follicular study showed enlarged ovary, thick endometrium and no fluid....
- Pregnant. Started spotting after intercourse. Feeling tired with sore...
- Pregnant. Accidentally inhaled goof off rust stain remover. Should I be...
- How to abort 2 weeks pregnancy?
- Itchy clitoris and feeling uncomfortable after using vagifem. Suggest...
- Have had scanty period, heaviness in abdomen and moles on face. What is...
- 54 years old. Feeling bloated, frequent urination and getting delayed...
- Had vulval intraepithelial neoplasia surgery. Getting loose flaps of...