What do the attached medical reports indicate?

Question
i have been gone through the medical heatch check-up.I need your input over the attached reports.
Tue, 22 May 2018 in Internal Doctor Category

Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
TSH is abnormal, needs further evaluation, exercise is needed.

Detailed Answer:
Hello Mr Sxxxxxx,

Thank you for posting your query.

I have gone through your attached report and ECG tracing.

ECG is fine.

Among blood test reports, there is one value that needs prompt evaluation, that is your TSH value, it is significantly raised, but your thyroid hormone levels are normal which could indicate that your thyroid is most likely not working effectively but this needs further testing and appropriate management.

Other tests that need some minor attention are your cholesterol levels and weight.

You need to exercise at least 3 times a week for half an hour.

Other than that I did not find anything significant at this time.

Please consult an endocrinologist and go ahead with further evaluation of thyroid function.

I wish you the best of health.

Best regards

Follow-up: What do the attached medical reports indicate? 17 minutes later
Thanks doctor for the answer.Please clarify few of my concerns.
1. What could be the reason for TSH.
2. It is always hereditary or could be developed anytime in life.
3. Are there some serious implications if TSH.
4. Is treatment normal for TSH
5. Do i need to visit the doctor for TSH.

Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You need to visit the doctor for TSH, please read my previous answer.

Detailed Answer:
Hello again Mr Sxxxxxx,

As I have clearly mentioned in my previous answer, you have to meet a doctor (endocrinologist) for TSH.

1. Answer to your first question is already explained in the first answer.

TSH raises because the thyroid gland is not functioning adequately, TSH actually stimulates the thyroid gland to produce thyroid hormones, so if the thyroid is not producing enough thyroid hormones, TSH levels will go up to stimulate the thyroid more strongly.

2. There are many causes for low functioning thyroid, TSH levels only indicate that there is some problem, we need to do more tests to find out why TSH is raised.

3. Yes, there are serious implications of raised TSH, it means thyroid is not working properly, and you may develop thyroid hormone deficiency which can be harmful if not treated properly and in time, right now this is not the case in you.

4. The question is not clear, basically, if the thyroid hormone levels are maintained by giving supplements, then TSH levels will go down automatically, but this can only be decided based on further testing to find out the exact reason for TSH elevation.

5. Already answered, please consult an endocrinologist doctor.

Best regards.

Follow-up: What do the attached medical reports indicate? 3 hours later
Thanks doctor for clarifying all my concerns in a very detailed and nice manner.

Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome

Detailed Answer:
You are most welcome.