What causes diarrhea and cramps in a patient with alcohol addiction?
Please consider following guidelines
You need not to worry I will help you out in best possible way
Yes, drinking for long years may affect intestinal motility and the liver along with nutritional deficiency, leading to diarrhoea and cramps
You can very easily quit drinking, You need strong will power and self determination.
To guide you better and in accurate way, I would like further information like
Since how long have you been drinking and how much daily ?
What all symptoms you experience when you don't drink ?
Diarrhoea can be caused by gut infection, indigestion or mal absorption and at times due to increased intestinal motility induced by alcohol
I would advise you to follow these guidelines
Have small drinks with long gaps that means 30 ml for for an hour or so, refill not before 30 minutes to an hour
Have something to eat prior to drinking
Don't drink when you are alone at home
You should develop a hobby and pursue that so that your mind will be deviated to that side.
You should deep breathing and relaxation exercises whenever you feel urge for a drink
Exercise regularly for a healthy way of living
Take a paper and try to calculate the valuable money and time you have lost in drinking that could be utilised some other field, see the outside world
Life is awesome, just relax and enjoy
Hope this helps you
let me you know if you have any more queries I will.be happy to help you
This is the time to quit drinking
Thanks for your reply
In my opinion this is the time you should quit drinking now. While you follow the above recommendation, it may also be worthwhile to join a deaddiction center or a group for regular motivation and maintenance of abstinence. I have seen many addicts quit successfully with good motivation. Therefore do consider the option to join a group.
Perhaps you can discuss about my suggestions when you meet the new doctor.
Hope this answers your question
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How to relieve diarrhea cramps
- Clomid diarrhea cramps
- Diarrhea cramping while 22 weeks pregnant
- White flecks in stool, diarrhea, cramps
- Diarrhea cramps vaginal bleeding
- Late period diarrhea cramps
- Grayish diarrhea cramping mild temperature and nausea what to do
- Have diarrhea cramping bloating taken imodium
- Dukan diet diarrhea cramps lethargy
- Diagnosed diverticulitis explosive diarrhea cramps blood and mucus
- What causes intermittent severe stomach pain?
- What causes stinging pain in chest radiating towards waist during...
- What causes constant heart palpitations?
- What causes cold sensation of body in a person with hypothyroidism?
- Suggest remedy for itching under upper legs
- Suggest treatment for increased BP,bulemia and breathing difficulty
- Suggest treatment for rash on back with shingles and blisters
- Suggest treatment for positive TMT test result
- Is the stress thallium test more reliable than angiography?
- Suggest treatment for chest pain and palpitations after aortic...