What is the remedy for swelling and redness of tongue?

Hi, recently my tongue became red with a burning sensation, some spots on the side and cracked tongue. It lasted about 2 weeks, recently , I noticed that my cheeks were fuller , looked like swollen. Today I have checked inside my mouth and I can see redness with spots on the cheeks and mouth (all inside) and definitely it s swollen - I can feel it when I talk or smile. Any suggestions or advise how to get rid of that swelling and redness? Thank you
Sat, 7 Jun 2014
Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 's  Response
thanks for your query, i have gone through your query. the redness and burning sensation over the tongue could be because of the depappillation and fissured tongue. these can occur secondary to nutritional deficiency. the swelling over the cheek could be because of the tooth infection resulting in abscess formation. consult a oral physician and get yourself examined to rule out the above mentioned conditions. it it is fissured tongue you should maintain the tongue hygiene and use topical analgesic, anesthetic and antifungal drugs. if it is tooth infection take a course of antibiotic and treat the tooth.