How can a swollen taste bud be treated?

Dr. Mahesh Kumar T S

Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery

Posted on Tue, 24 Apr 2018 in Dental Health
Question: I have a small taste bud that is a little swollen. I went to the hospital and had the doctor look at it. He said it was not cancer. But I don't know how to get it to go away.
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Kumar T S 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
nutritional deficiency, chronic irritation, no treatment is required

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query. I have gone through your query.
As far as the swollen taste bud is concerned, it can be because nutritional deficiency. The other possible cause can be chronic irritation from the teeth.Nothing to worry, consume lot of leafy vegetables and fruits. No need of any treatment as such. If it increases in size then get it surgically removed.
I hope I have answered your question. if you have any queries reply me back. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D