Suggest diet which can improve growth metabolism

My friend, Jay has a son, Jimmy, age 8, and is well-nourished so she tries to make sure that besides eating healthy that he take a daily child’s multivitamin/mineral pill that also includes 10 mg of iron. She’s particularly concerned that he get enough iron because she’s read that iron-deficiency anemia is one of the most common nutritional deficiencies in children. Therefore, she also gives him an additional iron supplement containing 30 mg of iron that was given to her at the health clinic to take because her hemoglobin levels were low. At Jimmy’s latest health check-up, the pediatrician notices that his growth rate has decreased since his check-up last year and is now below average for his age, and Mrs. Jones reports that Jimmy’s appetite has decreased lately and he hasn’t been eating as much. When closely questioned by the physician, Mrs. Jones tells him about the supplements she’s been giving her son. The doctor feels that Jimmy is indeed suffering from a nutritional deficiency, but it isn’t iron! In your essay, be sure to address the following questions and points (in essay form, don’t number or list parts of your essay):
Wed, 7 Oct 2015
Hi, there is no need to give iron continously, once the hemoglobin levels becomes normal we should stop iron and focus on dietary improvement. Moreover, iron also causes bad taste in mouth and constipated. So, in my opinion you should stop iron immediately. Child should be given food in addition to milk, like fruits: banana, apple, mango, chiku, rice, cereals, paneer, yoghurt, paranthas, eggs, ghee and butter in every meal. I also would like to do some blood investigations like complete blood count with peripheral smear. If I was treating you then i would have given him a deworming syrup and an appetizer syrup and waited for cbc report. I hope this has helped you. If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask me. Wishing your child good health.