• question-icon

What causes tingling in the extremities with pain after taking ranitidine?

I have post viral gastroparesis and the doctor said it would go away in 5 days on its own. I took ranitidine for a whole week last week and a day of lanostoprezole and stopped all medications bc of side effects. After 3 days of light diet...I have been getting tingling feeling in my extremeties and pain....should I be worried? or ir the side effect of ranitidine or some nutritional deficiency?
Fri, 25 Jan 2019

It is not related to ranitidine. As first-line management, you can take drugs like vitaminB12 for symptomatic relief. If symptoms persist better to consult a neurologist and get evaluated.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Shinas Hussain, General & Family Physician