Does vitamin D deficiency cause hair loss?
How much does Vit D deficiency or insufficiency has impact on Hair Loss. Does getting the Vit D levels corrected would help in hair regrowth?
No direct role of Vitamin D deficiency in hair loss
Hello. thank you.
I am Dr. kakkar (Dermatologist and Venerelogist). I have noted your concern.
Viamin D deficiency has not been directly implicated as a cause of hair loss in males although in general severe nutritional deficiency can increase hair shedding. Any deficiency in vitamin D levels if detected should nonetheless be supplemented however it is not routine to do vitamin D levels in investigation for causes of hair loss. In males, 'Androgenetic Alopecia' is the most common cause for hair loss and thinning. It is gradual and progressive.
Is there a way to control hair loss without having any adverse impact on reproductive system?
Topical minoxidil and finasteride solution
You may use Minoxidil and Finasteride topical solution e.g Morr F 5% solution or Tugain Men solution or Hair 4u F solution. Use 1ml, twice daily, on dry and clean scalp. Avoid hair oil. Using finasteride topically is not associated with any sexual side effects unlike oral finasteride.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Vitamin d deficiency causing tendonitis
- Does vitamin d deficiency cause hair loss
- Vitamin-d deficiency causes
- Diseases causing vitamin d deficiency
- Vitamin d deficiency cause fatigue
- Can vitamin d deficiency cause calcium deposits
- Methamphetamine use cause vitamin d deficiency
- Does lisinopril cause vitamin d deficiency
- Causes vitamin d deficiency symptoms
- Does marijuana cause vitamin d deficiency